Talk

Advanced search

Need to find a 'blow their socks off dress'

(7 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 24-Aug-11 11:55:21

all help gratefully received. I am going home to a wedding in early October. Groom is a sort of ex and will be lots of guests that I've not seen in donkeys of years. So I really need a glam fabulous dress!

I am 5'6 size 12. Legs are def best feature, not much bust line and a very wobbly tummy. Anyone want to help me? I love bright colours and am happy to spend a few hundred on the right outfit...

minipie Wed 24-Aug-11 12:07:53

Something like this?

Or this?

Or are those too dressed up/eveningy for a wedding...?

this is fun (there is a sleeveless version too)

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 24-Aug-11 12:24:32

Oh thank you. I really like the red one. Don't really go for the one shoulder look, and the spider web on the front of the other one would really put me off grin

It may be a little eveningy though

minipie Wed 24-Aug-11 12:40:04

link great dress, but pricey

link maybe?

I would suggest Reiss but all their dresses seem to be knee length. Karen Millen is quite good for knock-em-dead dresses (sizing comes up small), you could have a look there. All Saints also worth a look, but they don't do much colour.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 24-Aug-11 14:03:35

I don't like the first one enough to justify the £££ and the cut out on back rules out the other one. I LOVE Karen millen and most of my wedding outfits have come from there however have had a look on-line and this season seems a bit disappointing. Nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks minipie

minipie Wed 24-Aug-11 14:29:24

Yoox.com has a lot of options: for example this or this or this

worth a look through

minipie Wed 24-Aug-11 14:30:31

those are all red just cos that's what I searched for! Not saying you have to wear red ... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now