Talk

Advanced search

So I tried the depilatory crm on my bikini line- help!

(5 Posts)
willybreeder Wed 24-Aug-11 09:21:54

After reading on this about how cream is much easier than going for waxing I gave it a go over a week ago. Bought the sensitive skin stuff, kept it on for less than 10mins and it looked great. Until the next morning - I had loads of red itchy spots - looks like a disease of the vag! Now I'm going on holiday in over a weeks time, I thought I'd be able to go over the area again with the cream but I can't risk in my disease spilling out of my bikini, so what shall I do?! Is this a normal reaction for the 1st time? I think the hair's too short for waxing btw.

ShirleySharpeyes Wed 24-Aug-11 09:32:56

I use Nads Ingrow Solution after waxing or creams - and it really helps. Worth the £££ for reduced itching!

miche8 Wed 24-Aug-11 09:33:39

i've had this before, you will get very itchy, i'd leave it alone, i find the best think is dh beard trimmer it doesnt scrape the skin and i get no rash. blush

QuinnFabray Wed 24-Aug-11 11:06:33

Yes, this is normal for some people. The unlucky ones! It happens to me, every time, if I shave, wax or use cream. You just need to let it heal, use aloe, or sudocreme or something. Gently tweezer out any ingrowing hairs.

I too use a beard trimmer, and just clipper it all to the shortest setting. Then use one of those facial hair trimmer wand things to completely get rid of the bikini line.

MissFoodie Wed 24-Aug-11 11:38:31

hhhhmmm I use any old cream and do entire bikini area without any problems, although I do have v sensitive skin. I stopped waxing/plucking due to ingrown hairs, so would avoid if you can; just apply aloe vera am sure it will calm down, and use trimmer in meantime! good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now