Talk

Advanced search

BODEN PUMPS

(13 Posts)
ameliagrey Tue 23-Aug-11 19:40:56

Has anyone got the everyday suede pumps- or any Boden pumps this season?

I have a terrible issue with soes- narrow feet but a long big toe which is slightly turned upshock- so need more toe room than most ballet pumps have.

Read all the Boden reviews and they are a mix of "too wide" and " too narrow"- so which is it?

talkingnonsense Tue 23-Aug-11 20:42:51

Ime, all Boden shoes are narrow- does that help at all?

Chocamochalatte Tue 23-Aug-11 20:45:33

I was hoping to click on this and to read they were wide!

rookiemater Tue 23-Aug-11 21:33:48

I always find the Boden pumps to be half a size smaller than they should be and then bigger size is too large, they also seem quite narrow.
I have one pair that I stuck with but they aren't the worlds most comfortable although very stylish.

Why don't you just order them with the free delivery and see how you get on.

emsyj Tue 23-Aug-11 21:51:08

I have wide feet and found them quite comfortable, but the fabric lining splits at the heel very quickly and then the thick, grainy rubber shell of the shoe rubs your ankle until you can't stand it any more and send them back for a refund.

Am gutted as they are so comfy and practical until that happens... But I won't buy them again. I've learned my lesson.

ameliagrey Tue 23-Aug-11 22:50:23

I might order but I don't know whether to get a 38 or 39 and there are 2 pairs I fancy, so don't want to order 4 p airs and have to pay for them before refunds come through on card. sad

polyhymnia Tue 23-Aug-11 23:00:33

I always size up in Boden shoes - but haven't tried this particular style.

opalmum Wed 24-Aug-11 08:12:00

I've got the Boden scalloped ballet pumps, they are a bit tight across the bunions. I ordered my usual size, a 39. They are ok, but not particularly comfortable. So pretty tho. Have you had a look at Geox? They do very comfy ballet pumps.

polyhymnia Wed 24-Aug-11 10:03:02

I have a few pairs of Boden shoes which I like but second the Geox recommendation. Their ballet flats are so comfortable - have just bought a grey pair. You have to choose carefully, as some styles can be on frumpy side, but their best styles combine comfort and style.

emsyj Wed 24-Aug-11 17:11:48

Oh I have missed the point, I didn't realise you were talking about ballet pumps, I was thinking of the converse style pumps blush.

Joules ballet pumps are really nice and very comfy and they normally have a good sale on. I got a gold pair last season for £20 reduced from £70 and wore them to death.

ameliagrey Wed 24-Aug-11 19:09:55

I have ordered the basic suede pumps with 15% off in 2 sizes- will see what they are like.

ameliagrey Wed 24-Aug-11 19:18:20

Thanks for the Geox suggestion- had a look and they do have a nice pump in black suede with a bow. I think I will try to try some on in RL to get an idea of sizing.

ameliagrey Thu 25-Aug-11 13:35:28

update- the basic suede pumps came today- mega fast as ordered Tuesday pm.

I am thinking about them. They are overpriced even with the 15% off and see they are made in India so will be a massive mark up.

They are big fitting re. length- a five is ample for me and sometimes I am almost a 6.

As per usual my right foot is butting up against the top of the toe as I have a long big toe and it's slightly turned up - which means many ballet shoes do not have enough toe depth for me.

So if you are wondering, i would not suggest you size up, as they are a long and narrow fitting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now