Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear on your feet in winter?

(21 Posts)
Moodykat Tue 23-Aug-11 14:45:07

I wear flip flops all summer and normally my Cat boots in winter but they are dying and I would like a change! So, what do you all normally wear on your feet in winter? Please give me some inspiration!

wordsonapage Tue 23-Aug-11 14:47:00

Flip flops

( Dubai resident)

booziefloozie Tue 23-Aug-11 16:20:13

For work, I just wear leather ankle boots.

For not at work, I'm a slave to my cardi-uggs. I know they're probably really naff but I like my feet to be all warm and toasty.

ggirl Tue 23-Aug-11 16:22:08

Russell and Bromley nubuck leather ankle boots. Have had them about 8 yrs and they're still fine.
Also have a pair of chelsea boots from Next that are very comfy

cyb Tue 23-Aug-11 16:24:42

Wedge ankle shoe boots 2 pair, grey suede/brown leather

Sheepskin lined Fry boots

Black motorbike boots

upahill Tue 23-Aug-11 16:25:45

On a day to day basis eg going to the office - I still wear Converse.
If I am walking to work I tend to put on my North Face shoes or Brasher walking boots.
I wear biker style boots with my tunic dresses at work if I'm not wearing jeans.
That's about it really.

upahill Tue 23-Aug-11 16:26:09

hmmm I wasn't very helpful was I?

cookielove Tue 23-Aug-11 16:26:36

I have 2 pairs of Uggs, a deep turquoise Bailey buttons, and some black cardi ones

I have brown timberlands - so nice

Some converse and vans

And some fleecy crocs

I work in a nursery and can wear anything i want to work regarding footwear.

Shinyshoes1 Tue 23-Aug-11 16:28:23

Kensington Uggs, thing is they look shit on, very heavy, very clumpy and the comments I got last year asking if i'm wearing my old mans boots hmm

Black biker boots.

Moodykat Tue 23-Aug-11 16:29:55

Was wondering about fleecy crocs as wear my normal ones a fair bit! Biker boots sound like a plan! I can't really afford Uggs and think the cheaper versions are just not as comfy!

Ifancyashandy Tue 23-Aug-11 16:36:43

High heeled black boots with black or blue jeans
High heeled brown (wedge) boots with blue jeans
Black Biker boots with jeans and casual dresses
Black or pewter patent stillettos with dressy dresses (pewter with grey)
Black / green or grey Sheepskin Uggs at home
Converse.

poppydog2 Tue 23-Aug-11 17:33:46

Ash wedges boots...look like converse but with a heel, next wedge boots and brown knee length pull on heeled boots....and dubarrys when needed(flats only when the weather is desperate)i!!!!

CallMeAnything Tue 23-Aug-11 18:58:51

I bought some lovely shearling biker boots from Kurt Geiger last year. Not cheap but I sold them to myself on the basis that I was pg and they were flat with a grippy sole so I was actually just protecting the baby from any slips on icy pavements! I wore them to death and intend to wear them constantly this winter too. Also keep a pair of UGGs too for comfy days.

titferbrains Tue 23-Aug-11 20:37:28

uggs brown or pale beige (have a hole in them now so only on scabby days)
I have green leather boots i got from nine west years ago that I still love, they have a wedge heel and are nice and comfy and look more interesting than black/brown
grey ankle boots from M&S which are surprisingly comfy and easy to pair with clothes

I have massive calves so have to be quite careful about what shoes I choose. But comfort tends to come first....

Bonsoir Tue 23-Aug-11 20:44:58

Tod's ankle boots - have had loads, they look great, wear brilliantly and are comfortable for serious pavement bashing.

Last winter I had a pair of over-the-knee suede boots bought in Salzburg. Fab and very sexy with mini skirt or winter shorts.

Millie1 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:46:18

Duo Brindisi boots if wearing skinnies or tunics and leggings.
Also have dressier but still flat black Duos.
Chelsea boots.
Blundestones!!

Would like a pair of heeled boots to wear with jeans. Are they 'in'? Guess ankle would be better than long? Any thoughts?

mosschops30 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:50:37

I bought Uggs this year (expensive sturdy ones not shite sloppy ones) and never took them off.
I wore them with everything, in all weathers, all winter.
Then sprayed them, brushed them and put them in the box for a summer sleep like a little pair of tortoises lol.
Cant wait to get em out.
Best money i ever spent

warmandwooly Tue 23-Aug-11 21:05:58

Uggs or wellies for outdoors then change for being indoors. I got some Ugg Baileys in the 2009 Christmas sales and love them. I am so glad that I invested in Uggs. Still have the blonde ones. About two years after buying them. I didnt treat them well so they dont look the best but they are still good. Have a pair of black and white striped cardy ones to from the sales.

I've got a pair of Merrell boots for when it snows, and two pairs of Duo boots - brown with a v.low heel for with leggings/jeans etc and black with a heel for dresses.

Also a pair of black Geox loafers which will be on their 5th winter this year, but they are so comfy and brilliant with jeans that I will be getting them out again in a few weeks.

CointreauVersial Tue 23-Aug-11 23:47:06

For work I wear long black boots with a heel, or shoe boots, or low-heeled shoes if I'm feeling ladylike!

For casual I wear black biker boots with skinnies, leggings or skirts. If I'm in jeans, I wear ballet pumps, chelsea boots or Adidas Decades.

I try to hang on to wearing flip flops for as long as possible, though!

Ifancyashandy Wed 24-Aug-11 00:19:19

Realised I have more shoes.... Also wear flat black loafers, heeled brouges and shoe boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now