Talk

Advanced search

Best sulphate-free shampoo

(7 Posts)
Clarence15 Tue 23-Aug-11 09:54:46

Can anyone recommend one? Is it good for everyone or just for certain hair types? What are the benefits?

TapselteerieO Tue 23-Aug-11 10:17:35

faith in nature not sure if it is sulphate free... but it is great lots of different kinds, I don't like the aloe vera one but have used lots of others and liked them all.

TapselteerieO Tue 23-Aug-11 10:23:02

about ingredients

daimbardiva Tue 23-Aug-11 10:43:25

I like Happy Hair days - you can buy it in Boots

covkimbo Tue 23-Aug-11 10:47:41

Message deleted

FoofFighters Tue 23-Aug-11 10:49:41

I'm using Tresemme naturals as a diluted scalp wash before washing with conditioner. The benefits of no SLS are less irritation, less stripping of the hair's natural oils and less over-production of oils, so you shouldn't need to wash quite so much.

It can take a bit of adjustment to get used to it as it's less foamy and it takes more work to make it work, as SLS is a harsh detergent that foams readily. IME diluting non-SLS shampoo really improves how it works.

TapselteerieO Tue 23-Aug-11 10:51:59

I get FiH in the health food shop, it is widely available, I live in rural Scotland and never have a problem getting it, for me the benefits are my hair feels better using it compared to normal high street brands, I prefer using it on my dc, it feels luxurious without being expensive. It is an ethical company afaik, and if my hair needs a change I know I can get a different one easily because they have a good variety.

I like the chocolate one, and so does my ds! The hemp & meadowfoam and the seaweed ones smell really lovely too. It generally lasts for ages, if I use high street stuff my hair always feels pretty horrible, so I always go back to FiH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now