Talk

Advanced search

Help!! Comfy but stylish shoes needed for walking on cobbles

(8 Posts)
kitya Mon 22-Aug-11 19:20:40

last time I went on holiday I ended up in agony as all my shoes were too flat. Next week I will be doing loads of walking around oldy Italian towns. It will be steep and cobbled. What is a good shoe for all day mooching?

pollygolightly Mon 22-Aug-11 19:32:44

my recent discovery is flat espadrilles.I got some in a market in france which are fab, and have heard good things about Tom's (online at john lewis etc)

kitya Mon 22-Aug-11 19:46:57

I can't cope with flats though. My feet get really painful underneath

CMOTdibbler Mon 22-Aug-11 19:54:07

Fitflops / Sketchers tone ups - the thick sole makes them soooooo comfy for trundling round it, and they support your arches

kitya Tue 23-Aug-11 09:42:33

wheres the best place to buy them from? are they a standard price?

LIZS Tue 23-Aug-11 09:45:23

Fitflops have been on offer on their own website, in John Lewis and Jones the Bootmaker.

kitya Tue 23-Aug-11 09:47:13

Do you know what the sizing is like?

LIZS Tue 23-Aug-11 09:51:34

It varies tbh depending on the style. I usually fit a 4 (and have for Walkstar 3 and sparkly ones) but had to try a 5 in another style and it didn't suit my foot shape at all. There is a sizing template on the FF website you can print off (or try Boots.com) and the style detail will tell you if it is a particular fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now