Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear over a dress in the evening in summer?

(9 Posts)
franch Mon 22-Aug-11 18:15:21

Links appreciated. I can never quite get this right. I'm thinking more over a LBD than over a flowery sundress type thing - to go out for a meal or to the theatre or whatever, so smartish.

Thanks

franch Mon 22-Aug-11 20:42:10

bump

mrmistoffelees Mon 22-Aug-11 21:24:57

I have this Zara Jersey Blazer which looks good with smart dresses and also with jeans.

Other than a blazer maybe a nice cardigan?

franch Mon 22-Aug-11 21:44:21

Thanks mrm, that's really nice - I might get one of those actually. I do have a jersey blazer but it's pale grey and doesn't go with any of my more eveningy stuff. Jersey blazers are just right I think as a normal, structured jacket is often too stiff and formal (and not always feminine enough), and a cardi can look too low-key.

I see they only have Small and Large in stock. What's the sizing like?

I don't get on very well at all with cardigans. I find they tend to spoil the line of whatever dress I'm wearing and make me look a bit frumpy. I think it's my shape. Little cropped cardis work ok on me though, or the kind that you can tie in a knot at the front although I don't think they're very fashionable at the moment.

franch Mon 22-Aug-11 22:13:37

All cardi wisdom gratefully received smile

mrmistoffelees Mon 22-Aug-11 22:21:38

I'm a size 8/10 and a small fits me nicely. It looks good with maxi dress's too. I suppose a pashmina wrap type thing would go, although they seem to have gone out of fashion a bit. H&M usually have some cropped style smart blazers that look nice with a dress.

pamplemousserose Tue 23-Aug-11 16:09:51

Zara £12 cotton cardies and a scarf

ChinaInYourHands Tue 23-Aug-11 16:16:01

I use shawls, like this: www.aliexpress.com/product-fm-img/473336326-Free-shipping-Summer-sun-dress-shawl-scarf-shawl-5pcs-lot-wholesalers.html

franch Wed 24-Aug-11 10:36:06

That's nice for a dressier look China

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now