Talk

Advanced search

So, this b.b. Cream thing

(36 Posts)
hatcam Mon 22-Aug-11 17:30:27

- how is it actually different to a good tinted moisturiser?

Is it more like a primer?

Is it tinted moisturiser with a silly name?

Pamplemoussse Mon 22-Aug-11 17:53:19

eh?

moragbellingham Mon 22-Aug-11 18:06:22

I was going to buy the Garnier one until I remembered that I was already using something a bit similar (but without the SPF) called Teinte Parfait from YSL.

It's a blemish balm pamplemousse,so a bit like a tinted primer to give "radiance" with SPF.

Dilligaf81 Mon 22-Aug-11 18:09:10

Ive just read about this in essential who recomend the Garnier one. (£9.99p)

I think it's a skin perfector and face cream in one, it says should cover any minor imperfections.

Should be better than a tinted moisturiser, Im planing to buy some tomorrow so will report back.

BB - Blemish Balm.

stripeybump Mon 22-Aug-11 18:09:24

I thought they were skin lightening creams - really common and mainstream in Asia, being rebranded as 'skin brighteners' for UK sale hmm

stripeybump Mon 22-Aug-11 18:12:58

wiki on BB creams

Maybe they work a bit like Touché Éclat but I'm sure from having lived in SE Asia it's the big cosmetic companies rebranding creams which are promoted as skin lighteners in Asia for the UK market.

Dilligaf81 Mon 22-Aug-11 18:27:59

The Garnier one definately isnt for skin lightening, theres nothing that strong in the ingrediants.

whojimmyflip Mon 22-Aug-11 19:15:30

I had a look today as the window display keeps catching my eye. The garner one. Looks like a greasy tinted moisturiser

hatcam Mon 22-Aug-11 19:36:36

Is it instead of foundation or to be used as a primer?

Dilligaf81 Mon 22-Aug-11 20:09:13

I think its a bit of both, used under a foundation for heavier look but on its own for a lighter look.
I think it bridges the gap between Tinted moisturiser and foundation.

Ive just spoken to a friend who uses it and she is raving about it says it makes her look refreshed. She used to use Clarind flash beauty balm and this is half the price but much better (so she says)

ggirl Mon 22-Aug-11 20:27:14

BB cream??
I have never heard of them.

Can anyone link to one?

ggirl Mon 22-Aug-11 20:29:24

s'ok found this one
looks good , may try it

iloveeverton Tue 23-Aug-11 07:17:58

I've been using the garnier one for a week. My skin is very dry and quite sensitive.

I think it's lovely- goes on easily. I use it under bare minerals make up and then pop it in my bag to reuse during the day.

AmaraDresden Tue 23-Aug-11 12:41:26

illamasqua do one as well, the ones in asia do lghten but can't see any here doing that! they're still prettynew to the uk market and more will be coming!

brighthair Tue 23-Aug-11 12:54:13

I sneaked a try of the garnier one but was disappointed. I am v pale but it seemed to have an orange tint and wasn't very "spreadable" it seemed quite dry to me

Elliptic5 Tue 23-Aug-11 13:57:28

How would it compare to this estee lauder product?

ggirl Tue 23-Aug-11 16:15:37

right have bought the garnier one and I love it!
I got the light version and it suits my skin colour.
covers imperfections on me really well, will see how long it lasts as I have combo skin. But so far really impressed.

Elliptic5-I also have the estee lauder one (addict) and i do love it but it is much more £££ and not as good for coverage ime.

Elliptic5 Tue 23-Aug-11 21:08:42

I shall be interested to see how the garnier one lasts as I'm not sure how the estee lauder will perform over the winter months, think it may be more of a summer product.

ComradeJing Wed 24-Aug-11 09:17:49

Oh thank god for this thread. I've seen them everywhere but have had no idea what they are. Bobbi Brown is doing one in these parts.

moonshine Wed 24-Aug-11 10:08:06

This article here explains it well and at the bottom there are also other useful links including reviews of the Garnier one and others.

superv1xen Wed 24-Aug-11 10:47:12

i got some of the garnier stuff at the weekend

i was quite excited about trying it because it has been so hyped recently

but tbh it just makes my skin look a bit greasy hmm

ggirl Wed 24-Aug-11 19:57:47

well have worn it all day at work
lasts well on me
am very pleased with it as it covers well and looks natural

MissBeehiving Wed 24-Aug-11 20:50:25

I can't wait to try this. I'm hoping that the coverage is a little bit more than a tinted moisturiser but less than a foundation.

Elliptic5 Thu 25-Aug-11 14:55:54

Well I've succumbed and bought the garnier bb in light, did notice that it has a recommended age range on it and I'm quite a lot bit older than that but what the hell it's worth a try.
Have also been experimenting with estee lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral (no. 2) mixed with Aldi shimmering day cream, which works rather well but is a faff to mix up.
Obviously time I got a life grin.

MissBeehiving Thu 25-Aug-11 16:29:16

Age range ? shock

Like 19 and without a single blemish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now