Talk

Advanced search

Not Your Daughters Jeans - am I too young?!

(12 Posts)
champagnesupernova Mon 22-Aug-11 16:33:31

Have just seen some blurb on Jean Louis website about these and have read about 'em in magazines and how amaxing the tummy panel is.
Have a post baby tum and love like the idea of tummy tuck jeans bu
but but....

I don't have a daughter old enough to borrow clothes from (my DCs are 3 and 9m fgs)

I am only 33 - should I just man up and do some sit ups?!

dexter73 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:41:35

You are about 40 years too young for them!

dexter73 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:44:59

Just remembered I had seen this brand of jeans which are supposed to suck you in and they look less oap than NYDJ.

jesuswhatnext Mon 22-Aug-11 17:02:19

im 48, hate shopping for jeans, decided to splash out, went to posh shop armed with plenty of money, DEAR GOD!!! they were bloody hideous!!! looked like hoisty trousers that VERY old ladies wear, i instantly felt old and frumpy - im not keen on jeans so low they show your pubes, neither do i want them to tuck under my bra! grin

went back to good old river island, great boot-cuts and also a pair of skinny jeans for half the price 'not your daughters but your ancient old granny might like jeans'! grin

Grumpla Mon 22-Aug-11 17:08:38

My MIL bought me a pair of these post-baby and I have to say I quite liked them! Just for the first few months though.

They don't have the name all over them so if you find a pair that looks good I would go for it!

Dilligaf81 Mon 22-Aug-11 18:30:54

Id 2nd the River Island Jeans they seem to fit everyone. not too expensive, last and look better with a bit of wear.
There are always loasds on ebay too.

IAmTheCookieMonster Mon 22-Aug-11 18:56:07

I used to sell these! Yes you are too young. I disagree that they are hideous though. I think for an older, but not too old because they have diamantes, they look nice.

They have 4% elastane instead of 2% and claim to make you drop a dress size, and everyone that tries them on is a size smaller than usual - but I think they just write a size smaller to trick people.

They are flattering but you are too young for high waisted jeans! I'd get normal jeans and floaty tops that cinch in at the waist if you are worried about having a muffin top.

PharoahNuff Mon 22-Aug-11 18:58:31

YES YOU FUCKING ARE

STEP AWAY FROM THEM NOW

PharoahNuff Mon 22-Aug-11 18:59:04

champers - finbar hated them
she got some really snazzy ones instead - JL

?armani or ralph lauren?

PharoahNuff Mon 22-Aug-11 19:02:26

? these in a straight leg?
were from Jl anyway
www.johnlewis.com/273107/Product.aspx

champagnesupernova Mon 22-Aug-11 19:47:40

PMSL at Pharoah....
I thought you'd be along in a while to tell me to get down the gym....

Emo76 Mon 22-Aug-11 19:52:43

Not sure what your budget is but I have baby similar age and some high waisted J Brand Majors in navy and black and they are great - definitely try some higher waisted jeans as I was dead against them before trying some on and feeling a bit more "pulled in" without any specific panelling etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now