Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a tankini with long shorts?

(6 Posts)
Shaxx Sat 20-Aug-11 19:20:12

My thighs are awful. Large and dimpled.
I'm a size 12-14 at the moment and want to cover up a bit at the swimming pool.

SillyOldHector Sat 20-Aug-11 22:03:17

I bought a pair of 3/4 length Swimming leggings by Bohn which are great. They only do black, but I teamed them with some colourful tankini tops which looked really good.

Also, if you look on Amazon and eBay you'll find loads of long board shorts which will do the job.

Love my leggings. Although I'm slim I have very bad cellulite, so the leggings have given me a lot more confidence.

CointreauVersial Sat 20-Aug-11 22:46:26

Size 12-14?? That isn't big, how bad can your thighs be?

I think covering up excessively can sometimes have the opposite effect to the one you are after - it can actually draw attention to the bits you are trying to hide. Hence, a one-piece cozzy on the beach often looks more aging/frumpy than a bikini.

You can get plenty of tankinis with boy-short-type bottoms, and I think they are flattering. Or the surf-type shorts (which are loose). But really, no-one at the pool will be examining your thighs.

Fuctifano Sun 21-Aug-11 14:05:39

Many of the Mantaray tankini tops would team up well with these longer boardie, they do shorter ones too.
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_073011550194_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ESwimwear+%26amp%3B+beachwear%7EBeach+shorts

cyb Sun 21-Aug-11 14:24:19

PLEASE dont wear a long shorts tankini combo

Have you seen 99% of the rest of the women who go swimming? They are not Elle Macpherson. Stop chasing the illusive 'I'll look skinny' swimsuit and just go and have fun

NO ONE cares about your thighs. I saw a woman wearing long shorts at the pool ,she stood out a mile, drew attention to herself in fact by wearing too many clothes

dexter73 Sun 21-Aug-11 16:47:17

I agree with cyb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now