Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a dress like this but cheaper pleeeeease!

(10 Posts)
FauxFox Sat 20-Aug-11 18:11:15

Have a hot date with dh for our anniversary in september - posh restaurant/hotel and want to look amazing...i am size 12 hourglass shape (34E boobs) and want something sophisticated but sexy. The only thing i've found so far that i like is this but at over a grand there's no chance of getting that!! Can anyone find me something with a similar style/vibe for under £200. Doesn't have to be black but would prefer a classic colour (black/charcoal/navy etc) and no high necklines please or i'll look too matronly. I prefer a knee/midi length as i think the silhouette is better... I also considered this skirt but not sure what to wear with it to look modern/chic not retro/fancy dress.

Help me please!!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 20-Aug-11 19:32:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tethersend Sat 20-Aug-11 19:46:28

This is very similar- even with shipping costs/taxes from US will still be loads cheaper....

FauxFox Sun 21-Aug-11 07:59:23

That one's a bit too "retro" for me tethers but thanks for looking smile

Oh my word oldbag what have you done!! I want EVERYTHING on that website shock I need to get an office job just to wear (and afford) the lovely things! I've ordered this one so fingers crossed it fits and looks good...grin

Thanks!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 21-Aug-11 20:46:27

cleanteeth Sun 21-Aug-11 20:54:23

[lurks to see what the dress is like, they're all so pretty!]

FauxFox Wed 24-Aug-11 12:35:45

Well it arrived.....GORGEOUS! So flattering and well made and nicely boned bodice so no need for bra even with my DDs - I LOVE it! Now I want more...yikes!

FauxFox Wed 24-Aug-11 12:36:55

Oh and true to size on me, no squeezing norkds up to your neck and a great length below the knee (i'm 5ft8).

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 24-Aug-11 22:18:08

FauxFox Thu 25-Aug-11 07:38:47

Hmmm well i like this one and this one and I might have just secured a new work project so i might need a meeting outfit...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now