Talk

Advanced search

Is this scrub breaking me out, and if so, why?

(7 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 19-Aug-11 23:15:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TragicallyHip Fri 19-Aug-11 23:20:00

Yes possibly, I think it might bring the impurities out of the skin. Is your skin sensitive?

I'm no expert btw

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 20-Aug-11 08:24:30

My mum tried to tell me scrubs make you break out but I persevered anyway and they always made me spotty.

I can use aha exfoliants so I use heaven skin polish but paulas choice is popular on here too.

I have no idea why scrubs don't suit me.

Mbear Sat 20-Aug-11 09:13:15

I think I read that if you have oily skin, stripping it with a scrub means it sends loads more to replenish the oil, so you end up with at best skin which is the same and at worst skin which is worse.

I have oily/greasy skin and I have come to the conclusion that that just is my skin, I am never going to look all matt and dewy.

Think that makes sense!

covkimbo Sat 20-Aug-11 11:38:00

Message deleted

snoozingbeauty Sat 20-Aug-11 20:41:58

I don't believe in the whole idea of products releasing impurities and making you break out. If something works it should work straight away (the exception being some kind of really deep-cleansing facial). Sounds like your scrub has maybe got some other clogging ingredients in, I doubt it is the granules themselves. I use this: www.mamamio.com/uk/omega-body-buff-exfoliator.html
It's a body scrub but all Mama Mio stuff is facial quality so like a lot of their products you can use it on your face too (but wet rather than dry). Peachy cheeks after just one use - and no zits!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sun 21-Aug-11 00:04:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now