Talk

Advanced search

Yuk, yuk, yuk, sorry, but I have this mole....

(22 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Fri 19-Aug-11 21:29:51

.. on my face, it's skin coloured - think it's been there forever, but can't really remember. Anyway, just to remind me of my advancing years, it's grown a little hair on it and I cannot bear it. Can I cut it off? The hair, not the mole.

Yuk.

Steeplearningcurve Fri 19-Aug-11 21:31:07

Be careful. I trimmed the hair coming out of a mole on my arm and it looked worse short!

edam Fri 19-Aug-11 21:31:58

Yes, you can. I pluck mine! (Thankfully haven't got any hairy moles on my face, but I do have one on my elbow that I have to keep under control.)

edam Fri 19-Aug-11 21:33:55

Oh, and I think officially it isn't a mole if it doesn't have any pigment. Bizarre because you can have something the same shape, texture and appearance as a mole, only the lack of pigment makes it something quite different. Apparently... (not sure I believe it myself).

RedBlanket Fri 19-Aug-11 21:35:50

I have a mole beauty spot on my face.
Pluck it.

fartmeistergeneral Fri 19-Aug-11 21:38:43

Pluck it??? Are you all sure???

edam Fri 19-Aug-11 21:42:46

yeah, I have loads of proper official moles and the docs have told me it's OK to pluck.

coffeenut Sat 20-Aug-11 09:03:54

Pluck it. Have it removed if truly awful, but it may scar.

MrsMilton Sun 21-Aug-11 03:39:06

Pluck away, its fine. Actually, it's addictive blush

MaeMobley Sun 21-Aug-11 09:32:00

I have one on my chin and I have been plucking it for years. Bizarrely there are two different types of hair that grow out of it - regular hair and a white very rigid/hard hair.

When i have time/ am feeling rich, I will get it removed. I loathe it.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 21-Aug-11 09:34:31

I have one and pluck it. But sometimes the hair gets ingrown and the mole thingy gets all inflammed and nasty.

Where do you go to get these things removed? Do I need a private dermatologist?

MaeMobley Sun 21-Aug-11 09:38:46

I think yes to private dermatologist because it would be for cosmetic purposes in my case.

I was considering going to these people Cosmedics www.cosmedics.co.uk/ or these https://www.sknclinics.co.uk/

VivaLeBeaver Sun 21-Aug-11 10:39:01

Thanks for the links, will get an appt made as the one on my face is quite fugly.

aquos Sun 21-Aug-11 10:44:55

I have 2 moles on my face. My mum and gran always told me they were beauty spots and until very recently I really, really thought that's what they are. They both sprout hairs and I pluck them.

All the time I believed they were beauty spots I've never given them a second thought. Now I know they're moles I'm self conscious about them. How ridiculous is that!

edam Sun 21-Aug-11 10:55:22

One of the GPs at my practice does mole/skin tag removal privately - you might want to ask at your GP surgery as it's probably cheaper.

edam Sun 21-Aug-11 10:57:32

(He has an extra qualification in dermatology, btw, he's not just whipping them off without knowing how to!)

gramercy Sun 21-Aug-11 14:30:04

Just looked at that skin clinic site and removal of a mole is £285!!

Just to highjack, I was wondering about dd's moles. She is 8, and has a few which she is beginning to feel self-conscious about. Of course I do the murmuring "nonsense" thing when she says they're ugly, but perhaps I should investigate removal.

Bandwithering Sun 21-Aug-11 14:33:53

I always used to and nothing bad happened. I had the mole removed though. Eventually. After having it for 20 years.

So glad!

Bandwithering Sun 21-Aug-11 14:36:54

eh..... £285? BARGAIN

you brits don't knwo you're born. €800 private clinic. NO REGRETS though. he did a lovely job. excised it so it won't come back as a high percentage of moles that are just excised (sp?) grow back. what el;se did i spend so much money on that five years later I still think 'money well spent'.

When i was leaving the guy said if you decide to get your breasts done come back to ME.

It has been on my mind. did he mean enlarged? lifted? what!!!!? was too stunned to say anything.

Madlizzy Sun 21-Aug-11 14:42:39

My sis had her facial mole removed on the NHS.

mousymouse Sun 21-Aug-11 14:43:30

I paid 60€ last year to have one removed near my eye. what was more expensive though was having it sent to histology to have it tested for abnormal cells.
end bill was
60€ removal
0€ medicaton (done without local)
150€ histology

PinotsKittens Sun 21-Aug-11 14:59:24

Pluck it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now