Talk

Advanced search

Broken vein on nose :(

(11 Posts)
MissVerinder Fri 19-Aug-11 20:50:49

It looks like a spot right on the tip of my nose sad

What do I do? Industrial concealer or that laser thingy? If I saved up I could afford a few sessions. Does anyone have experience of this on their face? Or do those creams work?

I am 90% sure it's not actually a spot though.

This is me looking sad sad partly at my own vanity (although it is pretty bad) and partly because I think I'm getting old... Sniff...

ggirl Fri 19-Aug-11 22:01:26

I have large broken vein on my cheek, had it zapped (electolysis) but it didn't work. She said it would probably need two treatments but I am not that bothered to get it done right now.
I had other small thread veins on my nose done and they hurt like buggery. Make sure if you get it lasered you go somewhere that offers some anaesthetic gel.

Spagbolagain Fri 19-Aug-11 22:03:16

I had thread veins done by sclerotherapy, some on legs andbsome on face. It worked well but needed a few sessions

nevergoogle Fri 19-Aug-11 22:08:38

i have the same, right on the end of my nose, it's tiny but i know it's there! tbh i don't think anyone notices it unless i'm having a whinge about it and i make them look.
i just use concealer.

WheeshtWillYe Fri 19-Aug-11 22:26:53

I had one sclerotherapy session at a salon / spa place for a broken vein on the end of my nose. Worked a treat - I had a small scab for a couple of days, then it fell off & burst vein was all gone. Think it only cost about 35 quid (this was maybe 10 years ago though).

homeaway Sat 20-Aug-11 17:58:51

First off you should go and get it checked by a dermatologist. I have one at the top of my nose and the dermatologist offered me two different laser treatments if i wanted them. They could not however guarantee that it would not come back so i have decided at the moment to leave it be. If you go for the laser treatment they generally do them in the winter so that you are not exposed to sunshine afterwards. If you decide to get treatment I would only go to a qualified dermatologist for it. I just use concealer and you dont notice it very much at all.

TattyDevine Sat 20-Aug-11 18:42:50

I've had laser treatment for nose veins, but around the sides, not on the actual nose, and the bastid things have come back. I only pay £25 a time though but grrrrr.

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 20-Aug-11 19:15:50

I too am having laser on face for the odd thread vein.
Hurts like hell and I am hard.

TattyDevine Sat 20-Aug-11 19:46:35

It does but only for a split second.

Still flinch like a bitch though.

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 20-Aug-11 20:18:07

Yes it's like a rubber band...and you know it's about to happen.

MissVerinder Tue 23-Aug-11 09:39:25

I think I'm going to save up, see a dermatologist and get it lasered.

In the meantime, I'll have to nip to the Clarins counter or somewhere for an industrial strength concealer.
smile

Thanks for all the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now