Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use Clinique 'Even Better' make up?

(8 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Fri 19-Aug-11 18:39:58

if so, what's your opinion on it? Never noticed it before as don't normally buy Clinique foundations but it sounds just what I'm looking for - long wearing, skin brightening and moderate coverage.

ameliagrey Fri 19-Aug-11 18:53:41

Foundations have become the bane of my life since Clinique discontinued lots of pale shades.

(I use their Repair Wear make up but have had to change from No. 1 to No. 3 shade which is too orange really. I live inhope though ,as from 1 Sept they are re-formulating and calling it Serum Repair Wear so I hope they will bring back paler shdes.)

ANYWAY_ in my hunt for a new foundation I tried Even Better in Alabaster.
it's okay but depends on your skin type. I find it changes colour after a few hours- looks darker on me which some foundations evidently can do.

It doesn't have great coverage but you can trowel apply 2 coats.

I'd say light to medium coverage is best description.

If you have darker skin than me you might find it works for you.

It does have a very slight sheen- a slightly satin finish.

IF you wanted to try it, and are pale, you are more than welcome to have a 2/3rds full bottle from me- PM me.

ameliagrey Fri 19-Aug-11 19:04:10

I forgot- I have just bought L'Oreal True Match for £9.99 and find it quite nice. Doesn't last long- needs touching up after a few hours- but feels nice on the skin if you want light to medium coerage. it's quite a matte finish though- no sheen at all.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 19-Aug-11 20:11:57

Thank you ameliagrey for the kind offer, unfortunately I am not pale skinned - more beigey/lightly tanned. I think I will ask at the Clinique counter tomorrow for a small sample, they are usually quite obliging.

What is their Repair Wear like?

I did use to buy L'Oreal foundations a while ago and was always pleased with them (till they discontinued my shade) so will have a look at the True Match tomorrow, though I don't really like totally matte foundations, prefer a much natural finish.

ameliagrey Fri 19-Aug-11 20:21:03

I'd say True Match is not dry or cakey at all- it does look natural, but has no sheen.

I really like Reapir Wear and have had loads of compliments about my skin with it trowelled on. have used it for 3-4 years or longer. If you aren't in a rush maybe wait for the re-launch on 1 September.

I'd say it's a love it or hate it thing really. it is quite thick in the bottle- almost a cream- but you only need the amount that comes out of the pump. That does all my face and eyelids.

If you apply it heavily you would hate it- as it's full coverage, but if you start with almost a pin head amount on each cheek and blend ( over moisturiser) it's lovely. it's not shiny, but it's not matte either. It lasts really well.

You HAVE to remove it with make up remover- soap and water won't shift it.

FoofFighters Fri 19-Aug-11 20:28:33

I use Even Better and I really like it. It evens out my skintone a treat and helps hide some pregnancy hyper pigmentation marks. It lasts well through the day.

A little doesn't go far though, and it disappears in and can feel like you don't have enough on. I do one very thin coat and apply a little more if I need it anywhere. Put it on too thick and it just cakes.

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Fri 19-Aug-11 21:01:03

i use even better make up and i find it great for my sensitive skin. i have rosacea and it lasts pretty well and does a good job at evening out tone.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 19-Aug-11 22:30:08

Thanks all for your comments, I will definitely get a sample to try. Also will wait to get a sample of Repair Wear on 1st Sept before deciding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now