Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me accessorise this dress for my sister's wedding? Make up suggestions too please!

(5 Posts)
Gincognito Fri 19-Aug-11 16:03:27

I've bought this dress for my sister's wedding next month.

I need some kind of shrug or shawl, shoes, clutch etc but I have zero style. If left to my own devices I would just buy everything in black. I tried the dress on with a metallic-y gold shrug but it didn't suit me I don't think.

I had my colours done and apparently I'm a bright winter - blue eyes, dark brown hair and currently a light tan. Size 14 in Monsoon so really a 16 smile with a generous chest a good legs.

Oh, and if the dress itself is hideous, please say!

Gincognito Fri 19-Aug-11 16:04:45

The dress is raspberry pink in case the colour's unclear btw.

Gincognito Sat 20-Aug-11 20:52:07

Lonesome sob bump

homeaway Sat 20-Aug-11 22:11:50

Ok I will keep you company smile. I like the dress ,I wonder if you could away with a very thin black shawl/shrug. Have you tried it on with black killer heels ? If you have a tan you might be able to get away with bare legs or neutral sheer tights. Cream stole/shrug and shoes would probably go with it. For me the silver /gold is a bit too glitzy but that it just me.

Gincognito Sun 21-Aug-11 07:29:38

Thank you! I'm thinking of getting a spray tan boost just before the wedding as it's at the end of September and I will probably have lost my lovely golden glow (thanks British 'summer'!)

I think I will go with black - now I just need to find somewhere that stocks killer heels in size nine blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now