Talk

Advanced search

Dry, sensitive, flakey scalp driving me mad!

(8 Posts)
DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Fri 19-Aug-11 14:46:09

Since having the dcs my skin has got very sensitive. In particular my scalp. It is dry, itchy and flakey.

Is there anything that will help? I have tried various different shampoos with not much success.

Tia smile

MissFoodie Fri 19-Aug-11 17:07:09

have you tried Barefoot Botanicals or Green People?

midnightexpress Fri 19-Aug-11 17:09:46

Have you tried Eucerin? It's quite expensive, but you can get it in Boots. I'm allergic to an ingredient that's in loads of shampoos, hand washes etc, and it's not in Eucerin. It does seem to work on the itchy scalp too.

Also, we use Weleda calendula and chamomile shampoo on the DC. DS2 has a really scabby old scalp and it's definitely improved since we started using it.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 19-Aug-11 17:23:32

have you tried a shampoo that does not contain sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate?

annababy Fri 19-Aug-11 18:43:02

Body shop Ginger shampoo is amazing.gentle enough to use every day but won't strip your hair either.and cheap!

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Fri 19-Aug-11 20:47:21

Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought I could be reacting to an ingredient in the shampoo.

I know that herbal essences made it really bad though.

woopsidaisy Sat 20-Aug-11 08:32:42

Hi Dedalus. I had this too. I started using T-Gel. It definitely calms down the scalp. I use it a couple of times a month,and Head and Shoulders for regular washes.
I only was my hair every 5/6 days also. I have dry hair so can get away with that.

ameliagrey Sat 20-Aug-11 08:34:47

Selsun shampoo for itchy /dandruff is an old brand that works- available everywhere- or if you want to splash out, try Philip Kingsley- available on line @ John lewis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now