Talk

Advanced search

lovely cardigans?

(9 Posts)
madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 09:23:32

I hate wearing cardigans cos they make me look boxy (I'm an apple), but I have so many sleeveless tops and dresses that I love, and my upper arms just aren't fit to be seen. As such, I need a plethora of cardigans in different fabrics, colours and weights. Just wondered if anyone else had lovely cardigans - maybe wrap ones, or ones with a bit of structure, or just beautiful designs. Hate plain frumpy cardigans. Thanks

miche8 Fri 19-Aug-11 10:07:35

i'm apple shape and think i look good in a waterfall cardi, fat face have some nice ones. Belted cardis don't suit me, and the same for anything buttoned up has to be worn open.

I have a few cropped short sleeve cardis used to live in them but have just decided they actually look quite frumpy on.

onelily Fri 19-Aug-11 10:36:00

get them at boden price arnd £90 with variety of colours. What budget u have? MAy be could try for tht

polyhymnia Fri 19-Aug-11 10:49:47

I'd recommend Boden too. Bought a couple of their tie cardigans for summer. Thought they might look frumpy on my large bust, but in fact are flattering and good for covering upper arms without too much bulk.

ameliagrey Fri 19-Aug-11 11:37:05

White Stuff, Boden, Kew and Jigsaw are worth a look.

catswipe Fri 19-Aug-11 14:12:01

Cropped cashmere cardigan so they finish at about empire line. Helps sort out the proportions and gets rid of the boxy look. I am a fellow apple and I find Boden a weird boxy unflattering cut, esp the favourite types. They gape and are baggy at the same time. DefinitelY a fast train to frump central.

catswipe Fri 19-Aug-11 14:14:07

I agree about the tie cardigans -the are short enough to work but they have hardly any left in the sale. They are a good merino blend too which is soft and it washes well.

madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 22:26:16

Thanks for the tips guys; will check them all out. smile

polyhymnia Fri 19-Aug-11 23:32:45

The Boden tie cardi, which do seem to avoid the boxy thing as you can adjust them to your own shape, are in the autumn range too:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK665/Womens-Favourite-Tie-Front-Cardigan.html

There are several 15% offcodes around and should be possiible to pick a colour/ colours which will go with lots of different tops/dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now