Talk

Advanced search

SKINNY jeans - how tight are they supposed to be?

(3 Posts)
EternalPie Thu 18-Aug-11 16:34:39

Bit of a dilema here and I need to solve it before tomorow.

Basically I ordered two pairs of skinny jeans in 2 sizes (10 and 12) and they both fit - however I can't decide on which fits best.

The 12s fit very comfortably but because of the stretchy material I could well see myself itching them up every 5 minutes - especially once the material starts to give.

The 10s are comfortable around the waist but a much closer fit around the bum and thighs. I don't need to pull them up and they stay put well. However upon looking in the mirror I'm concerned that they look "too" skinny and kind of give the impression that I've squeezed into them.

How tight are skinny's supposed to be? I'm considering posting pics on my profile of me legs in each pair so you can judge but before them - which would you go for, the 10s or 12s?

cruelladepoppins Thu 18-Aug-11 16:39:40

I'm not sure you are going to like this, but ... if I wasn't perfectly happy with either I would send them both back and try another make/ style.

I know what you mean about jeans "giving" a bit.

I hate seeing jeans that actually press people's backsides flat and wide - if they don't do that then you might be OK with the 10s?

EternalPie Thu 18-Aug-11 16:41:33

I do like them, both are actually really comfy (nice soft denim) and I'm been walking around in the 10s for half an hour or so and they're giving already. I think the 12s will be a pain in the arse after an hour of pulling them up every 5 minutes.

I'm going to stick with the 10s I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now