Talk

Advanced search

Black tights at a september wedding- ok, or a big no?

(8 Posts)
NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Thu 18-Aug-11 14:42:39

I'm having a bloody awful time finding a dress for a wedding early september.
I need sleeves, or a shrug because I have fat upper arms. And I need it to be flattering on my big boobs.

Now to make matters worse I fell over on the hen night and have a huge scab on my knee (all class, me!) which I don't think will heal in time.

I've found this dress here which I thought would solve the arm problem...
Would it be ok with black tights do you think?
Or too wintery?

<sigh> Not very good at this sort of thing.
My DCs have got lovely outfits though! grin

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Karbea Thu 18-Aug-11 15:04:28

Hello,

I think it's very short for a wedding. At that length you should definitely wear high (60/100) denier tights.

I personally would say knee length/just below the knee is best for weddings, and the. You could wear 10/15 denier.

Karbea Thu 18-Aug-11 15:04:51

The. = then

SydneyB Thu 18-Aug-11 15:06:20

Ohh that's lovely! I think you can always get away with an opaque black tight - good with that length dress too - unless it's baking outside. Which to be frank, it aint.

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Thu 18-Aug-11 15:08:18

Hiya,
thanks for replying smile

I tried it on this morning and it's just on my knee (I'm 5ft4 and have very short legs!)

Do you think that'd be ok, with high denier tights?

applecrumbleandcream Thu 18-Aug-11 15:10:51

Don't forget though Karb the model wearing that dress is probably 6 ft so on us mere mortals (ie me at 5 ft 5) it would probably reach knee length.

I think it is a gorgeous dress, I would get it. I would wear black opaque tights with it though whatever the weather and black patent high heels. Usually, we have a nice September but I think this year summer's passed us by, you will be able to get away with it!

Karbea Thu 18-Aug-11 15:12:01

Yes I think it'll look lovely.

rubyrubyruby Thu 18-Aug-11 15:12:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now