Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sheepskin boots that are good for childrens feet?

(7 Posts)
chillyigloo Thu 18-Aug-11 10:13:47

DD is 5 and desperately wants some sheepskin boots for winter. She wanted some last year too but I wouldn't let her as even though I love my UGG boots, I know they aren't actually good for your feet and I don't want DD's precious feet come to any harm. I can't deny how cosy they are though and on some of those icy cold days last winter I could have kissed mine!

My question is this; Are there any sheepskin boots for children that are actually good for their feet. ie, with a proper footbed and sole?

I've had a good hunt around on google, but I'm stumped. Any ideas?

chillyigloo Thu 18-Aug-11 11:07:56

http://www.onlyoz.co.uk/store/p85-gumbies/gumboots/Gumbies-Gumboots.cfm

Awful?

daffyd Thu 18-Aug-11 11:24:43

fitflop do the short mukluk boot for children, and much better for thier feet, i think they start at size 9 or 10? they have a sizing chart you can cut out on their website

chillyigloo Thu 18-Aug-11 11:40:49

Perfect! I'd looked on the fitflop website with no avail but shops like cloggs.co.uk have them available. I suppose fitflop don't have their winter range online yet.

grin)

TattyDevine Thu 18-Aug-11 11:42:09

If you buy the Ugg brand (which you may not wish to do), I find they do have a reasonable amount of support round the heel and a reasonably sturdy sole, as opposed to your cheap and cheeful non-sheepskin versions from Next and New Look and the like.

Still not as supportive as a "proper" shoe, granted, but at age 5 I would assume she is probably at school, and therefore spending the majority of her active day in a "proper" school shoe?

If this is the case, I would be surprised whether any major damage could come to her from the occasional wearing of them after school/weekends etc, particularly if you insist she wear "proper" shoes for any structured activity and of course for school.

Its not very helpful but I would say it really really sucks when you are one of those kids who's parents wont let you wear what all your peers are wearing for whatever reason, justified or otherwise, and if there is some way you can let her have a pair for occasional social wear I'm sure she will love you forever. Sure, we don't need feel we should indulge their every whim but I'm just putting in a good word for her! Obviously the whole point of this thread is that you want to compromise with her so I'm probably preaching to the converted in which case apologies.

worldgonecrazy Thu 18-Aug-11 11:48:40

Cloggs Kids Sle

They have some UGGs at a reduced price, and also some fitflop mukluks too.

applecrumbleandcream Thu 18-Aug-11 12:49:15

I've bought these for my dd (4) for the last couple of years. They are brilliant. I wouldn't pay anymore than this as they only last over one winter as her feet are growing so fast plus she only really wears them at weekends for a few hours. She loves them, they look lovely with jeans and skirts and are really warm and cosy. Can't see the point in paying any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now