Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice from Chanel Beauty Counter lady!

(7 Posts)
sparkle1977 Thu 18-Aug-11 10:10:49

So a week or two ago I was strolling round my local Boots to get a foundation brush. Thought I would splash out and ask at the counters to see theirs and ask prices etc. Went to the Chanel counter and the lady promptly told me that I would be better off buying the Boots No7 foundation brush as it was far cheaper and much better!!

So I took her advice and did get the Boots No7 one and I have to say I love it.

How excellent tho to get the truth out of these people rather than sold an expensive load of rubbish!

AlpinePony Thu 18-Aug-11 10:29:01

I think they must train the Chanel ladies at a special school or something because they're always lovely.

henrythecat Thu 18-Aug-11 10:50:42

That's super, thank for for posting, will be purchasing the brushes as am overhauling makeup bag. My current brushes are from primark and all the bristles fall out!

Gillybobs Thu 18-Aug-11 11:12:28

Fantastic, Ive had a similar experience at Chanel, she told me that all the make up ladies wear Estee Lauder foundation as its the only one that lasts and they aren't aloud to touch up their face at the counter.

sparkle1977 Thu 18-Aug-11 15:22:36

Really Gillybobs, I was eyeing up the Chanel ladies make up and thinking how good it looked. Strange as I had always thought that Chanel products would be pretty good.

SlinkyB Thu 18-Aug-11 15:27:37

I use Estee Lauder Double-Wear Light foundation/tinted moisturiser and it's brilliant! Thanks for the tip on the brush too smile

Gillybobs Thu 18-Aug-11 15:37:46

The reason she told me was I was asking about their foundations not lasting on my face. Ive found Chanel foundations lovely when applied but disappear off my face within an hour or two. That's no use when you've spent £28! That was when she divulged her dark secret.... I really rate Estee Lauder Doublewear if you like lots of coverage or Doublewear Light for natural finish. They stay on ALL day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now