Talk

Advanced search

Are you and your DH/DP style equals?

(15 Posts)
lucyspangle Wed 17-Aug-11 20:54:32

I love clothes and like to think I look ok- My DH despite having the funds has zero interest in clothes- he is clean well groomed and good looking though.

Friends often comment on how they would never have had us down as a couple.

Anyone else?

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 20:56:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ivortheengine8 Wed 17-Aug-11 20:57:31

We are pretty equal I think. Neither of us spends tons of money on clothes but we both like to look well groomed or smart casual.
I used to dat eone guy who spent longer in the bathroom than me combing his hair and getting ready etc and I hated it, don't like men like that, drives me nuts!

KristinaM Wed 17-Aug-11 21:13:40

no, my DH has no interest in fashion whatsoever. he wear suits to work and polo shirts and chinos at home

it doesnt bother me at all, i didnt marry him for his style.

no one has ever been rude enough to comment on whether or not we "look like a couple" shock

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 17-Aug-11 21:15:17

DH has very little interest in clothes unless they 'wick' so no, he's not quite so into fashion as me smile

Ambernj1 Wed 17-Aug-11 21:37:59

Not at all - if I were DH's style equal I would throw myself under a bus (as I have just told him!)

He thinks spending more than £50 on an item of clothing is scandalous, whereas I like the finer things in life. That said he does buy me a lovely Mulberry every birthday so mustn't grumble...

We come from very different backgrounds which explains the gulf in opinion.

TattyDevine Wed 17-Aug-11 21:47:06

Hahahahahaha

<<composes self>>

Hahahahahaha

<<sorry will try again tomorrow>>

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 21:47:59

yeah we're both right chavs

Nope. I like dressing up; he lives in scruffy jeans. I like shopping; he buys maybe one new pair of jeans every three years (if I'm lucky). He likes polo shirts, for goodness' sake.

He's got a lovely figue and I do wish he'd dress it up a bit more. He wears either scruffy jeans and a plo shirt, scruffy jeans and a t-shirt, scruffy jeans and a checked shirt, or shorts and a t-shirt. For work he always wears black trousers and either a white shirt or a pale blue shirt. If he has to 'dress up' he will wear jeans and a shirt or black trousers and a shirt. That's IT.

catinboots Wed 17-Aug-11 21:49:53

No. I am sassy and cool.

DP dresses like a pensioner on holiday in Florida.

grin

fluffles Wed 17-Aug-11 21:52:12

yes, we both spend ten times on sports kit and clothes what we spend on 'normal' clothes grin

though he has to wear suits to work and i'm allowed to look 'creative' grin

Shannaratiger Wed 17-Aug-11 21:54:27

Yes both jeans and T-shirt, although I'm slightly more aware of fashion.

wonkylegs Wed 17-Aug-11 21:57:09

Nope
I once managed to get DH to buy a shirt from a shop that wasn't next or m&s ...once
He has bought 30 pairs of exactly the same shoes over the 10 yrs we have been together
I prefer a bit more variation in my life!

applecrumbleandcream Wed 17-Aug-11 22:02:41

No and it drives me insane!!

My DH is still wearing the same shirt he bought for our honeymoon 10 years ago!! He also has shirts/jumpers/t shirts which are years and years old.
He has zero interest in clothes and style whatsoever. He can look really smart for work during the week but at weekends he always wears football shirts and a particular pair of scruffy trainers he's had for years which I shout at him to get off if we're going out!

dexter73 Wed 17-Aug-11 22:12:18

Mrs CB - I think we share a dh. Clothes are no good unless they are 'technical' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now