Talk

Advanced search

Alice Temperley for Barbour-I'm in love with look

(15 Posts)
harbingerofdoom Wed 17-Aug-11 19:04:04

especially the lovely chunky knitwear. Anybody seen knits hers anywhere else?

fiorentina Wed 17-Aug-11 20:15:44

They are gorgeous, shame you don't seem to be able to buy online, although it doesn't state prices, so they are probably v expensive!

harbingerofdoom Fri 19-Aug-11 22:59:47

Shameless bump.
Knits like hers

magicmelons Fri 19-Aug-11 23:07:38

prices they're really lovely. I always heart Temperley.

harbingerofdoom Fri 19-Aug-11 23:18:12

Prices, eek, but I,m sure I've seen pictures of much more than those two.

dexter73 Sat 20-Aug-11 08:05:47

Something like this?

dexter73 Mon 22-Aug-11 11:49:23

Don't know if you are still looking but just saw this and thought it was quite similar.

fiorentina Mon 22-Aug-11 13:48:39

I like the woolovers one, have you ordered from them before? Seems good value.

midnightexpress Mon 22-Aug-11 13:53:22

This
and

this

quite similar. I've never bought any knitwear from them, only the sheepskin stuff, but their customer service has always been excellent.

VerityBrulee Mon 22-Aug-11 14:37:25

I used to be an avid knitter and would have been able to do you a copy version of the Temperley jumpers. Knitting is a bit of an addiction, knitters always need to have a project on the go, particularly in winter, so if I were you I would pay a visit to your local wool shop, or even the craft board here and see if someone would knit one for you. You could use one of the lovely cashmere mix yarns available and get to choose your own colour. You might have to wait a while as it would be time-consuming to make, but you would end up with a beautiful jumper for a fraction of the price.

dexter73 Mon 22-Aug-11 15:48:38

I haven't ordered from woolovers but I googled cable knits and they came up. I thought their stuff looked really nice and good value.

harbingerofdoom Fri 26-Aug-11 22:40:57

Thank you for all of the ideas.

Still lust after something better than Woolovers. Already have quite a few 'manufactured' cable jumpers etc.

VB I think your suggestion is brilliant and will look into it. smile

trixymalixy Sat 27-Aug-11 11:08:33

The Barbour stuff is so lovely, pity so £££££££

noddyholder Sat 27-Aug-11 11:23:21

Lovely

harbingerofdoom Mon 29-Aug-11 19:42:07

just going off on a tangent. Topman is doing a 'Made in Britain' ,wool from Yorks and knitted in Leics. Think I saw it in Sat Telegraph. Could a man's jumper be sewn into a womans? The picture in the snippet had great cableing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now