Talk

Advanced search

how do i keep my red hair red?

(7 Posts)
BooyHoo Wed 17-Aug-11 16:59:21

i get it done every 4 weeks but it always looks rubbish after only a few washes. i try to stretch out the time between washes as long as possible. i have brown hair and before the first colour the hairdresser put some highlights through my hair so the red would look brighter. it looked great when it was first done, but only lasts a short while, nowhere near 4 weeks and i really dont want to be getting it done more frequently.
an tips on how to make the colour last? at the last appointment i got a 'colour save' treatmentdone during my shampoo which is supposedto keep the colour there for longerbut i have noticed no difference.

Madlizzy Wed 17-Aug-11 17:00:38

I use Tresemme colour lasting shampoo and conditioner and my colour lasts really well.

BooyHoo Wed 17-Aug-11 17:04:26

i use tha aswll and while i think it is the best of the colour products it still doesn't mantain my colour for as long as i would like.

mrsbaldwin Wed 17-Aug-11 17:04:51

Try the Aveda Madder Root red shampoo, but especially the conditioner

BooyHoo Wed 17-Aug-11 17:07:38

is aveda an avon product?

mrsbaldwin Wed 17-Aug-11 18:33:55

No not Avon.

This is the one I mean - link here

It has quite a lot of red colour in the conditioner. But there's also a colour conserve conditioner in the same brand - check under Conditioner on the same site.

BooyHoo Wed 17-Aug-11 19:52:43

oh thank you. i'll get that and see how i get on with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now