Talk

Advanced search

Monsoon in Bicester Village now closed

(10 Posts)
MooMinCow Wed 17-Aug-11 15:00:30

went yesterday and was surprised to find the big Monsoon/Accessorise unit closed! wondered if anyone knew why and whether Monsoon have any other outlet stores?

Also noticed FCUK and LK Bennett downsizing to smaller units, and Whistles and Petit Bateau closed too. I personally think the high street/lower end stores are being nudged out for more exclusive high end stores which I think is a shame.

that's it really!

dexter73 Wed 17-Aug-11 15:31:01

My friend went at the weekend and told me that Monsoon had shut. I was surprised as it was a big store and was always very busy. Maybe they will move to MacArthur Glen at Swindon.

Whenisitmysleepytime Wed 17-Aug-11 15:32:36

Are monsoon in trouble? They've just closed the monsoon kids at cribbs causeway in Bristol. Think the kids stuff is moving totheir main shop.

ajandjjmum Wed 17-Aug-11 15:34:40

Actually it wasn't open a few weeks ago when we were there.

Mumelie Wed 17-Aug-11 17:23:07

As far as I know the Monsoon outlet is still open at Clarks Village in Somerset.

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 17-Aug-11 18:09:44

There is one at Castleford too.

pink4ever Wed 17-Aug-11 18:34:30

Noooooooooooo please dont tell me Monsoon is going tits up! I love their stuff<wails>

MooMinCow Wed 17-Aug-11 18:43:02

I doubt they are going tits up Pink, more likely the rent at Bicester Village has rocketed. I've noticed a lot more companies setting up 'outlet' websites or using EBay to offload stock, so maybe that's what Monsoon are up to? think their stuff is overpriced tbh (I only ever buy for DD during sale and v rarely for myself)

pink4ever Thu 18-Aug-11 18:29:55

Oh I agree I cant afford the stuff full price and wait for the 70% off sales! Got 5 dresses,3 tops and 2 cardigans for about £150 in the past few weeks.

pink4ever Thu 18-Aug-11 18:31:13

Oh and a bag and various bits and bobs of jewellry. Plus I find their stuff doesnt really date so I know I will be wearing it for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now