Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

16 weeks pregnant: what stylish A/W purchases can I still make? (Avid and Wise ladies, can you help?)

(4 Posts)
blue2711 Wed 17-Aug-11 14:39:04

I'm just starting to get a bump and also to fret about how to look stylish over the next five months or so. Normally I'd be busy investing in key A/W purchases but feel really left out of all the new leather leggings / pencil skirts excitement. When I was pregnant and showing with DS it was summer and I got by with topshop maternity skinnies and leggings and tunic dresses or long vests but I don't seem to have much that will work for this time of year.

How do you stylish ones get through pregnancy still feeling stylish and 'you'? I have already purchased red maternity skinnies and black ones and have two topshop dresses: one navy spotty jersey and one orangey chiffon ( sounds horrid but quite nice). What else should I buy please?

I am 5 ft 1 and very tiny usually, size 6ish. If that helps!

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

HilaryDevey Wed 17-Aug-11 15:03:10

I bought an expensive handbag and sunglasses, as they would both fit me throughout pregnancy and make me fell uber stylish whatever I wore!

Sounds silly, but honestly, a decent handbag can make any outfit look good!

Also check out Isabella Oliver here for a couple of key pieces you can wear to death!

madammecholet Wed 17-Aug-11 15:05:23

LOL I bought handbags too when I was pregnant <and not pregnant>...

check out seraphine here too...

Gillybobs Wed 17-Aug-11 15:42:40

Yes yes, fab bag, great comfy knee length boots (unless you are prone to huge leg swelling??), an amazing print scarf and a gorgeous cardi-coat thingy instead of a traditional coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now