Talk

Advanced search

HOC person - North West?

(6 Posts)
wickedfairy Wed 17-Aug-11 12:01:18

Hi,

After reading lots of threads re getting your colours done, I have decided I really want to do it (but am a bit scared!)

HOC seem to be the way to go - can anyone recommend someone who does this in the North West please? I am in Greater Manchester/Cheshire area, but could travel a bit further if need be. I have heard some consultants are better than others, so a recommendation would be great.

I have no clue about my colours, I don't know what suits me and really shouldn't be allowed out shopping on my own EVER!!

I am early thirties, really need a new wardrobe but before I shell out money, I want to know what suits me and not waste my money! I live in jeans and rubbish tops - I don't know where to start.

Any help greatly received! TIA

sparkout Wed 17-Aug-11 12:32:26

I had mine done with HoC with a lady called Lynda May (I think! she was near Warrington). I really enjoyed it although I wouldn't be able to compare her to any other consultants as I have only been to her!

sparkout Wed 17-Aug-11 12:34:45

Just googled her and that is her name, here is a link

www.houseofcolour.co.uk/lyndamay/

wickedfairy Thu 18-Aug-11 11:04:02

Thank you very much - will check her out!

snailsontour Thu 18-Aug-11 21:39:41

Will be watching this as I'm in Altrincham and fancy being 'done' too.

LakeFlyPie Thu 18-Aug-11 22:07:43

I had mine done in Sale with Louise Harley

I rarely wear make up and am not very keen on clothes shopping so was probably quite hard work as a customer.
I did feel there was a bit of a hard sell on the make up front (I didn't buy any) but I'd say her colour analysis was spot on and I came away with great advice about which colours work for me and the HOC colour swatch pack etc.

I had an individual session but with hindsight think going along with a friend or in a small group would be more interesting and fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now