Talk

Advanced search

Need a good concealer - any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Cherrybug Wed 17-Aug-11 10:48:40

I tend to use Touche eclat for under eyes but I need concealer for blemishes and marks on my face (usually where I've had a spot or whitehead previously).

Any recommendations - happy to spend on something really good. I tend not to wear foundation.

Gillybobs Wed 17-Aug-11 11:25:57

Benefit Boi-iong (they call it their industrial strength concealer, but its not scary thick) is v v good. Recently discovered that you can buy it on ebay for about £3, (think I paid about £12 for it from the Benefit counter : ( )

JanMorrow Wed 17-Aug-11 12:13:20

Yes either boi-iong or erase paste by benefit are really good. Get the counter girls to try both on you (don't feel obliged to buy!)

worldgonecrazy Wed 17-Aug-11 12:37:23

Saw the thread, thought "Boing stuff from Benefit". I use it on my nose as I get dreadful rosacea. Once it's on I apply foundation as normal and then pat on some Bare Minerals foundation with a kabuki brush, dabbing it on rather than swirling.

YouDoTheMath Wed 17-Aug-11 13:14:57

Juat a warning re buying Benefit on Ebay - most of it is fake. Have a look at this.

I bought an eyeshadow pallette recently - was SO pleased with the price. When it turned up, it was fake (I compared it with my old one). A very good copy, mind you, but fake nonetheless.

Starlet71 Wed 17-Aug-11 13:23:13

Hi
I'd also recommend Benefit Boing - I find it a bit chalky for undereyes but sounds like you're after a blemish coverup. Bobbi Brown concealer in the little pot is my favourite.

Gillybobs Wed 17-Aug-11 14:14:48

I imagine there is loads of fake Benefit (as there are all cosmetic brands) on Ebay, I have been lucky then, have bought 3 things and they have all been genuine (Ive used all 3 of the products for years and would know if there was any difference) Definitely exercise caution though!

Cherrybug Wed 17-Aug-11 21:31:44

Brill, seems unanimous! I'll be off to the benefit counter on pay day! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now