Talk

Advanced search

Found Bare Minerals tingly/slightly itchy - any alternatives?

(7 Posts)
MumtoF Wed 17-Aug-11 09:45:20

Tried out Bare Minerals and liked the 'look' but my skin felt a bit prickly when it was on. It wasn't unbearable but probably would annoy me. Is this something that resolves once you have been using it for a while or are there any other brands that don't give this feeling? I fancy a mineral foundation for the SPF. Otherwise I will probably go for Lancome Teint Miracle.

MissFoodie Wed 17-Aug-11 09:58:42

try lily lolo, the reason bare minerals itch is because they contain oxybismuth, which lily lolo does not - plus you can buy sample sizes to try various shades

fayeso Wed 17-Aug-11 10:28:20

By the way....don't rely on the spf in mineral foundations to be your only sunscreen on your face-in order for it to give you a proper spf 15 coverage you would need to plaster it on so thickly it would look unsightly. You still need to use a proper spf sunscreen underneath i'm afraid(a pain isn't it!!). Lily LOlo probably would siut you better and not feel itchy(if the truth be known I can use both with no problems but prefer the Lily lolo stuff!!

Pagwatch Wed 17-Aug-11 10:30:20

Laura mercier are lovely

MumtoF Thu 18-Aug-11 09:12:17

Thanks. Annoying about SPF, was hoping not to bother in winter!

Gincognito Thu 18-Aug-11 09:16:58

I thought it was just me! I find it especially prickly when I get hot and start sweating perspiring glowing grin but I really like the look.

I'm going to persevere through the basic set now that I've spent £50 but will go for one of the recommendations above.

RamblingRosa Thu 18-Aug-11 10:06:10

I second LilyLolo. I wouldn't worry too much about the SPF. You need to wear something underneath anyway (eg. moisturiser) so just make sure it's a moisturiser with SPF and you'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now