Talk

Advanced search

Best skinny jeans on the highstreet?

(15 Posts)
ParkerRocks Tue 16-Aug-11 18:03:52

I have the awful task of shopping for some new skinny jeans and wondered if anyone had suggestions for some nice ones on the high street? Don't want super skinny, can't even move type ones, just regular comfy ones for a size 12 mum of two! Any suggestions?

EttiKetti Tue 16-Aug-11 18:19:56

these are the ones I got last week and I LOVE them. Mixed reviews on the site which surprises me as I tried a dozen pairs on that day and these were the best by far!

DurhamDurham Tue 16-Aug-11 18:24:09

Well I got mine from New Look and they are lovely. Not too skinny, just right. But I don't think New Look is ever discussed openly on MN so let's just keep it quiet before I'm asked to leave grin

gregssausageroll Tue 16-Aug-11 18:25:12

I only ever wear skinnies under boots so I may not be the best person but the best ones I found that didn't go saggy are the budget £12 ones from M&S.

Oasis jeans are pretty good if you have curves - they are not cut stupidly low.

CarrieOakey Tue 16-Aug-11 18:37:03

I get on really well with Gap ones.

chocoroo Tue 16-Aug-11 18:38:15

I second Oasis jeans if curvy. I love being able to walk into a shop and just know the jeans will fit.

fiorentina Tue 16-Aug-11 19:48:52

Uniqlo have some good ones and do 'inbetween' waist sizes which is handy. Free alterations if they are too long too.

ParkerRocks Tue 16-Aug-11 19:58:55

Thanks everyone!

Durham you made me smile! I won't tell anyone you told me to try new look! smile

I tried some on in gap a few weeks back but it was only a month or so after I had DD and I thought they were too tight but I will try again as I loved the colour and have lost over half a stone since so it's possible they will fit! I'll definately try oasis, never shopped there before! Reckon I certainly fall into the curvy category!

Fingers crossed I find some, I hate shopping for jeans!

BuckBuckMcFate Tue 16-Aug-11 20:03:54

I'll second new look ones, no shame me grin

Their super skinny ones, don't be put off by the name, are fab. Very stretchy, I've got a very mobile 9 month old and can't be doing with being uncomfortable in my clothes, but they don't go saggy either.

I got mine post birth of ds3 and didn't want to spend too much money as my shape always changes so much in the 1st year after pregnancy.

ParkerRocks Tue 16-Aug-11 20:17:56

Are the new look ones so stretchy that 15 mins after putting them on they are falling down!? Or do they hold their shape ok?
I think my problem is that after wearing comfy stretchy maternity clothes I am finding proper clothes uncomfortable!

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 16-Aug-11 20:21:38

My new look ones fall down and go saggy around knees and arse. Favourite ones are from dorothy perkins... depends on your shape I suppose.

enjoyingscience Tue 16-Aug-11 21:27:48

my gap ones are lovely at the top - they are a tiny bit higher than new look , so I don't have to worry about my bum showing.

That said, they are quite soft and go baggy round the knee a bit quickly.

I never thought I would like skinnies after getting a pair in topshop stuck on my calf. Very demoralising!

ParkerRocks Tue 16-Aug-11 22:00:11

science I am frightened to even go into topshop to be honest-I feel huge compared to the rest of the shoppers! I'm not surprised you couldn't get the jeans on, the ones in the window of my local topshop are super super skinny!

I just want some skinny jeans that stay up and hold my tum in, it shouldn't be so hard!

enjoyingscience Wed 17-Aug-11 10:08:09

Glad it's not just me! I have declared myself too old too mature for topshop now so avoid it wherever possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now