Talk

Advanced search

Make-up overhaul

(5 Posts)
cakeaddict Tue 16-Aug-11 13:49:10

I have decided that I am in desperate need of a make-up overhaul, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. I was thinking of going to one of the make-up counters, but am put off by a bad experience I had with a wedding 'makeover' several years ago that made me unrecognisable.

I don't wear much make-up, so want a fairly natural look - but need to look a bit more 'groomed and grown-up' than I do at present. And although I don't mind paying a bit for a couple of quality bits that would be worth it, I'd prefer not to have to re-mortgage the house to replace the entire contents of my makeup bag!

Any ideas or suggestions?

cornsilx Tue 16-Aug-11 13:51:35

you can buy from QVC and return goods (used) within 30 days to try things out. Will cost the p&p though. I have found the chanel counter very good for samples of vitalimiere (which I use) when I was purchasing for my sister.

cakeaddict Tue 16-Aug-11 13:56:59

Thanks, I think I could do with some tips on applying it as well though, which is why I was thinking of a make-up counter... are there any that are not too scary...?

cornsilx Tue 16-Aug-11 14:37:09

I have only had a makeover done at the clinique counter which was fine but I did get the hard sell. Space NK is an option as they have different brands.

Havingkittens Tue 16-Aug-11 17:09:23

Bobbi Brown are good for the natural look and the staff are generally make up artists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now