Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

esprit and zara sizing

(9 Posts)
javo Tue 16-Aug-11 13:45:38

keep going into the store but they never have what I want so thought I might order on line. from Esprit was going to get some black tops and a pair of black cotton (2% elastacene) straight jean style trousers. I have never bought from esprit before but usually buy size 14 jeans/trousers from white stuff/ equivalent from Gap and miss selfridge (but do have wobbly 5 baby tum) do esprit come up small? usually buy size 14 or 16 tops - 34G.

Zara - usually get size 14 or l/xl knitwear - may order their waxed style jacket for winter thinking Large (navy) - does this sound right? www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-W2011/118140/386261/RUBBERISED%2BJACKET

hate having to send too many things back

notyummy Tue 16-Aug-11 14:22:15

Cant advice about Esprit, but Zara are def smaller than White Stuff/Gap. The large may fit, but you could be worth looking at the measurements and checking whether the extra large is safer. I am a 10 and generaly fit a medium in Zara.

javo Tue 16-Aug-11 16:51:59

thanks notyummy - no XL in this jacket so will have to risk the large

southeastastra Tue 16-Aug-11 16:53:12

esprit come up quite small so size up

lucykate Tue 16-Aug-11 17:01:50

esprit is small. i have a dress from there, size L, i'm a 12 (34d) if that helps.

midnightexpress Tue 16-Aug-11 17:05:05

Zara definitely come up small IME. Or else I'm getting bigger (which is not outwith the bounds of possibility...). I'd go for the large - I'm a 12-14 and usually get a large in their sizes.

I really like that jacket btw.

SevenAgainstThebes Tue 16-Aug-11 17:41:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

javo Wed 17-Aug-11 13:20:25

Thanks everyone. Lucykate esprit dress 12 =L!!! never bought from Esprit before but they had straight black jeans everywhere this season seem to only be doing skinny (which look ridiculous on me).

KristinaM Wed 17-Aug-11 13:23:31

yy zara sizes are small

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: