Talk

Advanced search

drowning in a sea of shapewear

(8 Posts)
ristretto Tue 16-Aug-11 11:50:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TattyDevine Tue 16-Aug-11 11:54:17

I found the Flexees by Maidenform Ultimate Bodybriefer an absolute godsend when I was fat postnatal.

You can wear your own bra, but as it has straps of its own it wont roll down, it totally stays put. Comes up far enough at the back to take care of any bra bulge or backfat. Zero muffin top when wearing one of these bad boys. Lovely smooth line under dresses. Buy true to size, L or XL for a size 16. Probably L.

ristretto Tue 16-Aug-11 19:04:00

TracyK Tue 16-Aug-11 19:56:53

I wouldn't buy from figleaves - you can't return a lot of the shapewear. I bought a whole load off ASOS as they deliver next day and have free returns.
M&S have a lot of shapewear - I got some magic knickers and some of their secret longline camisoles. They are cheap enough to have a variety of colours - and will do a fair bit of holding in - but not mega tight iykwim. I got one support camisole from M&S but the cups were so 'formed' with foam - that I had to take that one back.
I got a Flexees onsie for a wedding - bit ££ but was a big improvement for a special occasion.
I also got thick tights from somewhere - maybe a flexees too? - for use instead of leggings and boots in the winter - came up high in the waist and holds you in there.

twinklypearls Tue 16-Aug-11 20:02:12

I have some of these any they are fab, the give me a shape to die for Debenhams also stock an ultimo version which is a little more.

TattyDevine Tue 16-Aug-11 20:03:19

Its true, be wary of returns - go into a department store if you are unsure, generally internet is safe but if they have hygeine policies it can make things difficult. It can also make for some cheap bargains on eBay if you are willing to run it through the wash before wearing.

Fuctifano Tue 16-Aug-11 20:39:37

This is really pretty (for shapewear) and on sale.
www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=SC802&pdBoUid=3636&lpgUid=#colour:FLIRT,size:
I've bought from Simply Be before and ordered a variety of sizes so I could check sizes.

ristretto Thu 18-Aug-11 09:47:34

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now