Talk

Advanced search

Peony and Moore Lucia update and question on which colour

(17 Posts)
polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-11 10:26:57

I promised to pass on what colours P and M are going to offer Lucia in this autumn/ winter. Spoke to them yesterday and seems that a deep chocolate brown will be available, as well as navy and black. Don't think they're going to continue the Tan into winter.

Still leaves me personally with a bit of a dilemma. Don't really want tan because the leather is not as soft on that colour way as on the others. Don't want camel for winter. Don't need black, as I succumbed to lovely half price Zadig and Voltaire black bag in sale.

So that leaves navy or chocolate. My coats are: navy trench, khaki parka, and grey winter coat. Boots and shoes grey, and black, with one pair chocolate boots (my least favourite). Votes, please, for whether navy or choc better with all those.

TIA

TracyK Tue 16-Aug-11 10:30:54

Navy - or look for a different grey one altogether.

polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-11 10:45:34

Thanks. Grey would certainly be the ideal - have a light grey small Pippa but that is quite summery, IMO. So would need to find darker one. Do love look of the Lucia and its practical pockets tho'.

Any more views, pl.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 16-Aug-11 10:50:35

Navy.

I have got the camel and am considering the navy too.

I think navy can work with grey, I'm not sure how well chocolate brown and grey would go.

TracyK Tue 16-Aug-11 11:09:22

Get the navy AND another grey one!

polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-11 11:22:19

Mmm not a bad idea. Also have my eye on L K Bennett Anna or Annina in smoky quartz. Not sure credit card can stand both though !

TracyK Tue 16-Aug-11 11:25:31

Surely there will be some discount codes kicking around in the next month or so to get people to buy early in the season?

polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-11 11:27:00

PS see what you mean on grey and choc brown -can feel a bit dull. that's why didn't wear my brown boots with my winter coat much last winter I think.

winefairy Tue 16-Aug-11 11:40:16

I would reserve judgement until I could see what the leather looked like on the new chocolate Lucia but I think navy would go better with grey anyway.

<still cautious after seeing Peony and Moore's tan in RL>

Love the look of the smoky quartz colour although it looks an odd shade of grey. More brown than anything although sure it's a good shade in reality. Gorgeous bag.

Bet you'll get a camel Lucia eventually! Probably in the spring!

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 16-Aug-11 13:06:07

I have been lusting after a Lucia for some time, had been planning to bite the bullet and get the tan one but am slightly put off after your comment polyhymnia about the leather not being as soft...is this true?

is the camel very pale as an alternative?

poppydog2 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:29:24

Mhhh the lucia looks lovely....can anyone tell me if the navy one is soft and sqidgy??? Really think it lookd lovely!

polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-11 14:09:49

The nice woman at P and M did tell me yesterday the tan was not in the same soft nubuck as the others but I haven't felt it in RL. Anna smoky quartz in RL is what I'd call a taupe -more brown than grey but I personally think softer and more versatile colour than chocolate.

winefairy Tue 16-Aug-11 14:18:39

The tan P&M looked like plastic in real life. Really disappointing. Still love the Lucia though but think the camel, as lovely as it is, will not see you through winter. Fine for autumn and spring though.

Like the smoky quartz shade and would blend with more colours.

NewChoos Tue 16-Aug-11 15:26:49

Navy.

Still pondering the black....

madammecholet Tue 16-Aug-11 15:38:41

polyhymnia go Navy, it'll go beautifully with grey. I really like the sounds of chocolate brown, I'm thinking of the Navy as I have a Navy wool winter coat which I love and wear constantly come Sept/Oct. Altho I do think the camel i have will look lovely with coat too....

whoneedssleepanyway I have the camel, it is a light brown, but it goes with EVERYTHING I own, its the kind of colour you don't have to think hard about when chucking on a coat iykwim...its buttery soft with really lovely grainy leather, the navy and black look like the same leather imo from the pics. I'm still wearing it now and wearing some winter coats already..looks lovely. smile

wishlistlady Tue 16-Aug-11 15:50:44

OOoh stop, I've already got one of their bags, now I want need this one..grin

madammecholet Tue 16-Aug-11 15:53:38

Just gone for another peek, and they're out of stock ....maybe we're all making them so popular that they've ran out!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now