Talk

Advanced search

What's the difference between men's and women's converse?

(14 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 16-Aug-11 09:15:40

Is there any?

Will I turn into a bloke if I buy chaps ones?

Are the slim ox shoes narrow?

has anyone seen converse on sale anywhere?

TIA

AtYourCervix Tue 16-Aug-11 09:19:33

Am I too old for purple ones?

Would I be better going for the usual black?

EternalPie Tue 16-Aug-11 09:34:57

I love the girly converse boots! I have big feet though (size 8) and converse boots would look silly on me.

My friend is one of those perfect people (5ft 8", size 6-8 envy ) that can wear anything and converse look amazing on her. She wears normal blue ones under jeans.

Chopstheduck Tue 16-Aug-11 09:35:52

I dont think there is any difference. I am a size 10, so the women's never fit me anyhow. Men's pink ones are usually cheap too, cos not many men want to wear pink!

Soups Tue 16-Aug-11 10:05:50

I'm 41 and have purple converse.

MissRead Tue 16-Aug-11 13:05:10

I'm 38 and have purple Converse and silver sequin ones as well <sad>

Hellishday Tue 16-Aug-11 13:06:57

The slim ones are narrow and come up 1/2 a size smaller than the normal ones.
I am 51 and have grey, navy and pink.
I would love silver ones.

overmydeadbody Tue 16-Aug-11 18:23:05

Amazon sell converse at nice sale prices.

Mine are unisex I think? At least they have mens and womens sizes on there (I don't get that, why does the US have two different sizes for the same shoe?)

I'd love some sad girly glittery ones but my feet are too bloody big sad

henrythecat Tue 16-Aug-11 18:39:27

I don't think there is any, they're just sized differently, every pair I've ever bought has the woman's size (e.g. 4) and then the men's size on the box (e.g. 6). I once bought a pair and noticed it said 6 on the box and thought I'd been given the wrong ones and the sales assistant in the shop said it was just the men's size but it was a woman's size 4. I think that was in Office iirc.

Happy to stand corrected though.

henrythecat Tue 16-Aug-11 18:44:04

Just to add re colours, I recently bought a pair of ecru colour ones after seeing them in a magazine on SJP. They're really nice don't see them on that many people which is a bonus.

upahill Tue 16-Aug-11 18:58:57

I didn't know there was a difference!!
I have been buying a size 5 for nearly 35 years now and never thought twice about it!

DS are a size 12 and they look same as mine except very much longer!!

MrsMeow Tue 16-Aug-11 20:34:59

I just bought my first pair and love them smile they're purple, I'm 31. I don't think theres any difference between mens and women's?

Hellishday Tue 16-Aug-11 20:46:18

The ladies ones go up to size 8 and do the prettier colours.
I am a 9 and get the men's ones, although I got pink from Long Tall Sally who do certain Converses up to an 11.
The slim men's ones...I bought a size 9 but on the box that said 42.5, whereas the basic ones say 43.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now