Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dresses for my shape

(11 Posts)
BoscoIsMyLover Mon 15-Aug-11 19:08:50

Hi,

Have decided to get married, have booked the date.Now the dress...

Its a month from now. Im a size 18 (eep!) I could probably get to a size 16 and tone up the arms if I do a daily routine and cut the crap.. Im a classic apple shape (norks included!) except I dont have great legs as I have RA. Im 5 2 and a bit.

Im fecked for a wedding dress. I cant really go on a dress try out because of the RA (Id be too tired etc) so I put it to the MN'rs with the awesome fashion advice (lickarse emoticon) Can ye point me in the direction of some great dresses?

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 19:37:51

Budget?

BoscoIsMyLover Mon 15-Aug-11 19:39:14

Dont really have one...um, not too expensive? What would a normal dress cost, not Vera Wang or owt!

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 19:54:02

Well, it is a long time since I got married, but anywhere between £500 and £5,000 I suppose.

Do you suit strapless? Do you want white? Or a colour? Full-length or 3/4?

I've done this recently with my sister, and it helps to narrow it down a bit. smile

BoscoIsMyLover Mon 15-Aug-11 19:58:04

I dont think I suit strapless, would have to cover the legs so ankle/full length. White (!) No design, I like plain simple, and Im allergic to lace so thats out!

Thanks for the help, I dont have anyone who can help with this!

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 20:00:46

Traditional

Simple, halterneck and relatively cheap

Retro lace, 3/4 length

Pin-up style

Any of those inspire you?

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 20:01:42

Ignore link 3, then. Much too much lace!

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 20:05:14

I like this but perhaps too simple and traditional?

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 20:52:52

Monsoon have quite a few. I like this one.

At 5' 2" and a bit, I guess you are petite in most shops. I haven't had any luck with specifically petite dresses, but you'd probably have to have anything shortened even if you were 6 inches taller - they seem to be silly long. Remember to allow time for having this done.

BoscoIsMyLover Mon 15-Aug-11 20:53:17

I actuall love no 2, Simple and cheap!! Found you should do this for a living!!!Thank you so much!

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 21:00:57

Oh well done me! grin

And, by the way, congratulations and all best wishes for your wedding day. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now