Talk

Advanced search

It is official summer is gone, autumn is here

(12 Posts)
seb1 Mon 15-Aug-11 15:42:10

Summer is gone esp. in Scotland, schools back tomorrow, lets break out the winter woollies grin and pack away the summer frills.

keynesian Mon 15-Aug-11 15:46:13

I read in the papers over the weekend that we should be introducing 'accents of Autumn' into what we're wearing rather than completely pack away the summer stuff.

JemimaMuddledUp Mon 15-Aug-11 15:46:35

Nooooo.... I haven't had my summer holiday yet!

Although I have just taken delivery of a big bag of fleecy PJs for the DC from the Land's End sale. They are discussing whether it is cold enough yet to wear them.

madammecholet Mon 15-Aug-11 16:13:13

I saw a woman wearing jeans tucked into boots and a fur gilet yesterday.....oh yes.....winter is here!

Hellishday Mon 15-Aug-11 16:18:21

The weathermen have said that is it for summer.
I am looking forward to perusing my Celtic sheepskin catalogue tonight and shopping for brogues tomorrow.

gregssausageroll Mon 15-Aug-11 16:18:52

I was actually cold during the night last night and DS woke saying he was cold. I've put his winter downie on.

I've hardly worn any summer clothes this year. Only a couple of days have been ok. Rest has been jeans with a lighter top but with a cardi or jacket to go.

seb1 Mon 15-Aug-11 16:47:11

I haven't taken my winter quilt off yet, oops guess I missed summer this year.

virgo1979 Mon 15-Aug-11 16:52:00

Same as seb1. Still sleeping with my 13.5 tog duvet. And even wore socks to bed in the last month confused

wildfig Mon 15-Aug-11 17:12:51

'accents of autumn' = what? A scarf?

headfairy Mon 15-Aug-11 17:14:50

Me neither Jemima - I'm looking forward to getting some sunshine and heat for a change.

JemimaMuddledUp Mon 15-Aug-11 17:16:24

Not sure I'll find much sunshine or heat at Center Parcs... I can but dream!

headfairy Mon 15-Aug-11 18:24:01

We're going to the south of France so I'm pretty hopeful.. but you never know. Gets a bit windy and stormy at this time of year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now