Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone mind helping me find a nice dress for dd's christening?

(5 Posts)
hiccymapops Mon 15-Aug-11 15:27:37

I'm absolutely terrible at clothes shopping for myself! I love shopping for the dc's and even my dh, but I haven't got the patience to find things for myself. Which is why half my wardrobe is full of things I don't like, or haven't even worn.

It's dd's christening in a few weeks, and I'd love to find a nice dress, but to save stress, I thought I'd find it online. I went shopping for ds2's christening outfit (for myself) and struggled to find anything I really liked, or that fit nicely. I ended up spending a fortune on something I didn't really like, and definitely won't wear again.

My main problem is I've always gone for nice trousers, and pretty strappy tops. After 3 children (and getting older) that look isn't going down too well on me! Makes me realise that I haven't had to get dressed up for a night out in 5 years! I've only had to do it for the christenings :-)

I thought a dress would be better, as I'll feelore comfortable, and might actually feel a bit more dressed up. But finding one to suit my post baby shape, without trying it on is proving trickier than I thought!

Long winded i know :-) Would anyone please help? I'd like something patterned and floaty if possible. I'd say I'm a 14/16 at the minute, and I'm quite tall.

I've seen a lovely dress online at oasis, but I don't know how to link for opinions.

Thanks for reading.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Aug-11 16:15:13

davina is super flattering. But possibly too tailored for what you want.

hiccymapops Mon 15-Aug-11 19:30:56

That's a lovely dress, but it is more tailored than I wanted. Thank you though smile

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 15-Aug-11 19:38:01

floaty & floral

pretty

draping is your friend is tummy is a problem

floral

love this

hiccymapops Mon 15-Aug-11 21:16:00

Oooh thank you smile the last one is something I probably wouldn't have looked at before, but I really like it. I've had another look at the dress I saw at oasis, and it's too short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now