Talk

Advanced search

can someone find me a cheapish black dress for a funeral please?

(12 Posts)
hagridthehamster Mon 15-Aug-11 14:53:20

I've lost my aunt and I can't focus on anything for more than a couple of minutes. I don't have anything remotely suitable for her funeral and would like to look nice/smart for her.

Can someone please help? £30-40 would be great.

piprabbit Mon 15-Aug-11 14:59:23

Any clues about size/shape etc.?

Matalan has several styles of plain black dress - priced between £14 and £20.
here.

What sort of thing do you prefer? Will you need sleeves, or do you have a jacket of some sort you are thinking of wearing?

tethersend Mon 15-Aug-11 15:01:52

I'm sorry for your loss... it sounds as if you were very close.

What size are you? Would you like to wear something black? Or something less formal?

Black

Less formal lace

White trim

Less structured

If none of those are the style you like, let me know what you're not keen on and I'll look again smile

OldBagWantsNewBag Mon 15-Aug-11 15:02:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hagridthehamster Mon 15-Aug-11 15:03:39

Oh sorry, that would hel pwouldn't it

size 14-16, 5'7'' big hips and thighs, small waist, not much cleavage to speak of. I think maybe tailored ish?

Thanks Pip

noddyholder Mon 15-Aug-11 15:06:03

this?

tethersend Mon 15-Aug-11 15:11:22

Here

Here

Here

hagridthehamster Mon 15-Aug-11 15:18:21

The DP one is great and a good price too. I know that it will sit in my wardrobe never to be worn again so I don't want to spend a fortune sad

piprabbit Mon 15-Aug-11 15:29:29

this

half price

hagridthehamster Mon 15-Aug-11 15:35:43

Really like the warehouse one too. Going for a walk, thank you so much, this is much easier. We were very close, I can't imagine what I will do without her.

piprabbit Mon 15-Aug-11 21:25:47

Oh hagrid sad, so sorry - hope the walk helped.

hagridthehamster Fri 19-Aug-11 15:02:06

Thanks Pip and thank you all for searching, I found a dark brown dress very similar to the warehouse one in the back of my sisters wardrobe so I think I'm all set assuming dark brown is ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now