Talk

Advanced search

sun cream for acne prone skin

(13 Posts)
5littleducks Mon 15-Aug-11 13:09:14

I am off on holiday next week and I am going to make another attempt to find a sun screen that does not give me spots. My skin is usually quite bad anyway and when I use sun screen at all, even for one day, I inevitably get more spots.

Liz Earle, Lancaster and Estee Lauder all tried and failed.

Any recommendations?

Bizkit Mon 15-Aug-11 13:23:36

Ive used the alpha-h moisturiser with spf which didnt break me out. They do a spf 30 one which is fairly thick or a spf50 daily essential one which is slightly more expensive but goes on easier,less thick.
They are quiet pricey though, you can find them on the qvcuk website, there's some reviews on there aswell.

PinotsKittens Mon 15-Aug-11 13:52:01

I feel your pain, OP.

Best results I've had is from either Bliss or L'Occitane do Brasil (a sister company to L'Occitane).

The L'Occ one also was the only one NOT to give me prickly heat (Yes I am that attractive. Grrr)

HTH.

Hellishday Mon 15-Aug-11 13:56:32

Dermalogica oil free sun screen works for me.

Jenstar21 Mon 15-Aug-11 15:26:25

I use an Australian brand called Invisible Zinc (http://www.invisiblezinc.com/index.htm) which I like. I have the acne problem, along with burning very easily. I stock up on it in Australia, but I believe you can get it in Selfridges here.....

5littleducks Mon 15-Aug-11 19:00:05

I will look into those - thank you so much.

hellish - do you find that other dermologica products are ok with your skin? they tend to make mine worse so wondering if the sun screen will be the same...

idrilis Mon 15-Aug-11 19:51:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pommedechocolat Mon 15-Aug-11 19:52:43

Jan Marini has worked for me on the past. That and trying to shade face as much as possible.

Hellishday Mon 15-Aug-11 20:04:28

I use the ultra calming range and it works for me.

twoistwiceasfun Mon 15-Aug-11 20:04:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

covkimbo Tue 16-Aug-11 11:42:10

Message deleted

Carrotsandcelery Tue 16-Aug-11 11:47:47

I have very troublesome skin and find the Simple Facial Sun Cream for Sun Sensitive Skin is very good. this one here

It doesn't cause my skin to break out and it has a matt finish so you don't feel greasy and unclean.

5littleducks Tue 16-Aug-11 12:15:34

thanks for all of these - i think i will go and check some of them out and make some guesses as to which would suit me better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now