Talk

Advanced search

Wanted- dark plummy nail polish suggestions....that last for ages

(16 Posts)
poppydog2 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:25:56

I had my first ever pedicure yesterday. And just love the colour- so now want suggestions for a hard wearing dark plummy- not with reddish tones- really plummy- but also NOT with any hint of shimmer in it- really glossy, dare i say glam looking shade of nail polish. Can anyone suggest one...or more please?

CrispyHedgehog Mon 15-Aug-11 11:32:59

rimmel lasting finish had some good colours and so far I've had it on my fingers for 10 days with no chips!

Macaroona Mon 15-Aug-11 11:36:02

Marie Claire have some free Ciate nail polish in a dark colour this month.

Pootles2010 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:36:33

Could you afford to have something like Gelish/Shellac done? I had Gelish on my toes, most gorgeous plum like shade 'bella's vampire', it stayed for aaaages, and as it dries quick you don't have to fanny around with wearing flip flops.

poppydog2 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:50:19

Mhhh what is Gelish??? Sounds great for feet....its the ages bit that sells it!!! For hands however alas my boss banned nail polish....so it needs to be something i can take off 2 days a week!!

Pootles2010 Mon 15-Aug-11 12:23:01

You can only get it done professionally. It's like shellac I think, they paint it on like polish, then put your nails under a uv light thing, which sets them rock hard. Unfortunately you can't take it off with normal remover, so you have to go and get them to take it off for you.

sedgiebaby Mon 15-Aug-11 12:23:35

OPI Eiffel for this colour
1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QwOQ9KkdW8/SKEYDceQLpI/AAAAAAAABOo/iAP0rfGYWyA/s1600-h/eiffelforthiscolor.jpg

AlpinePony Mon 15-Aug-11 12:28:01

Chanel Rouge Noir.

sedgiebaby Mon 15-Aug-11 12:28:35

Nails Inc Saville Row is really nice too esp for autumn t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEKKVPgVEm3xWiPyNd6cZ4ugnx15O4WO9N_hy5cJOe1RLfWHze

madammecholet Mon 15-Aug-11 13:11:55

I use Chanel Rouge Noir...same as AlpinePony or even Chanel Vendetta (more dark purple than red).

HappyAsIAm Mon 15-Aug-11 14:12:46

I saw a very plummy Rimmel one in Boots this lunchtime. Something Berry (is that at all helpful? I thought not)

voiceofnoreason Mon 15-Aug-11 15:36:45

second for Rouge Noir, it is lovely, hard wearing and just a fabulous vampy colour

DrSocks Mon 15-Aug-11 15:39:40

Another vote for rouge noir. I have a bottle which I bought a good five years ago and hasn't gone gloopy/thick as some nail varnishes tend to over time. Well worth the money.

voiceofnoreason Mon 15-Aug-11 15:41:26

oh and i would keep them in the fridge as well

AmaraDresden Mon 15-Aug-11 15:47:48

I'd need a whole fridge dedicated to nail polish if I stored my collection in one! I store them in really useful boxes, stood up, and they're fine.

Anyhow I'd like to second Nails Inc.'S Savile Row, in fact I have a few dark plummy colours by them I love. Polish on toes always lasts ages anyway, I only remove and do again because my nails grow faster than it has ever looked bad!

suebfg Wed 24-Aug-11 23:09:27

I have a Rimmel one - it's from the London collection. I used to have the Rouge Noir but the Rimmel one is tons better IMO. Rouge Noir as the name suggests does have a slight reddish tint to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now