Talk

Advanced search

Whats up with Karen Millen sizes ?

(31 Posts)
droves Sun 14-Aug-11 23:56:24

...They are TINY !!!!!

I seriously mean tiny ! . Dh bought me a dress today ... its gorgeous ,i love it , can i fit into it ? No . Fine over hips , wont zip up past boobs.

Dh bought me a size 10 .

Today im wearing a size 6 dress from next .

Most dresses i wear an 8 .

Have decided KM 10 , IS NOT SIZE 10 WOMENS , But age 10 child .

sad

PetiteMum Mon 15-Aug-11 03:26:55

High five! I totally agree.... Tried on a few blazers in the sale and promptly walked out. I was simply not ready to accept the fact I was a 14....... Normally 10 or 12 here!.....

poppydog2 Mon 15-Aug-11 07:38:40

How glad am i to hear this. Ordered a pair of size 10 fitted trousers recently and could not shoehorn myself into them...despite the fact i am usually an 8! Agree- childrens sizes!!!! But when did it change cos it didn't used to be like this???

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Aug-11 08:11:48

IMHO next cut big, I'm always one size smaller in there.

I've never had any problems in there, 95% of my clothes are karen millen and I still wear stuff from 1998.

People don't ask where I got a top or dress from they already know.

notyummy Mon 15-Aug-11 08:16:39

I dont think they are that small tbh. I am generally a 10 (not a small 10) and bought a size 10 KM dress a couple of months ago and it fits fine. I have noticed that you need a waist - I think the waist measurements are more true to size than a lot of high street shops that seem to think we all look like barrels. My friends with boobs also tell me that KM aren't too generous in that regard - as a 32A I cant comment.

allnewtaketwo Mon 15-Aug-11 08:22:23

It's the chest area that's the problem though notyummy. I find them fine on hips and waist, but 2 sizes too small round the chest. Odd when a D cup is supposedly average these days that the chest measurement should be cut so small relative to the other dimensions

notyummy Mon 15-Aug-11 08:24:39

Yes, I notice the OP commenting on the chest area as well - perhaps they cut for pears?? (I am slightly pear shaped so perhaps that why I have never had an issue.) Does seem slightly strange if most people are getting bigger boobs.

droves Mon 15-Aug-11 11:02:39

To be honest , being a 32f i am sort of limited as to what styles i can wear .
Avoiding looking like jordan is a priority , but i can usually fit into most things as i have a tiny back .

Km dress , beautiful ,absoulutly stunning , couldnt zip it up over boobs.

Think id need to go for a 14 or a 16 , to get it zipped up ....then take it to get altered down on the hips waist . sad

If your paying £160 for a dress , its not really fair that you have to do that.

Ive decided that KM , is just not made for women with curves .(meaning women that have boobs larger than a b cup).

What a large number of people they have denied from shopping at their stores.

I am curious to see if beautiful dress will fit 16 yr old dd <size 6 , petite>, think im going to ask her to try it on hmm.

mippy Mon 15-Aug-11 11:33:39

If you are a 32F high street sizes are not designed to fit you. 90% of clothing on the high street is cut for a B-Cup, and the only way I can get things to fit my GG cups is by going for certain cuts and shapes. Unfortunately if you want something fitted you're going to either have to buy big and alter or get it custom made.

droves Mon 15-Aug-11 17:31:37

dd2 (16 yrs, size 6) can get into the dress , but its tight on her .... out of curiosity got dd3 (13 yrs , size 12-13 years in clothes , not very tall either ) to try it on grin .

Dress fits her .

confused

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Aug-11 17:34:13

I agree with Notyummy in that they cut for pears. I'm generally a small size 8 or 6 in next and find Karen Millen tiny but that's because I don't have a waist but do have boobs.

QuinnFabray Mon 15-Aug-11 19:06:56

Definately cut for pairs. I just bought a strapless KM dress from eBay, for £20. I'm a size 8 or 10 but with DD boobs. The dress is a size 10. It is fairly loose around my waist ( supposed to be figure hugging ) and I can't even do the zip up past my boobs.

I really want a figure hugging strapless dress, does anyone know if Coast sizing would be better for me?

droves Tue 16-Aug-11 11:06:26

So the general feeling is that KM is good for pear shape/small up top people.

Anyone know who cuts clothes well for those who are cursed with big up top bodies ? <apart from bravisamo, their stuff is nice , but a bit mumsy>

If only i was a b-cup ...i could buy clothes that fit ...and run without giving myself black eyes lol ! [wish]

HeavyHeidi Tue 16-Aug-11 12:19:26

Not the same then KM of course, but I've found that M&S is quite generous - I can fit my 32F-s nicely into their fitted dresses.

EggyAllenPoe Tue 16-Aug-11 12:24:20

KM just doesn't fit me at all. no room for hips or boobs. straight cut. all their shoes are very narrow too.

CocktailMumma Tue 16-Aug-11 12:26:30

They are there own little micro climate of clothes sizing!

I found a beautiful karen millen dress in a size 14 in my local charity shop a few weeks back. I am asize 10 to 12. I got stuck in it in the fitting rooms and had to embarrassingly ask for help to get out of it!

I almost didnt try it on because I thought it would be too big!! [Laughs hollowly to self]

droves Thu 18-Aug-11 11:13:15

lol @ little micro climate of clothes sizing !

BRILLIANT WAY TO DESCRIBE KM !

grin

stripeybump Thu 18-Aug-11 13:51:33

I like KM sizing, I'm a size 10 pear with wee boobs and their dresses are designed for hips and always fit me really well [smug]

stripeybump Thu 18-Aug-11 13:52:10

<not with my bump and newly massive boobs obv>

droves Thu 18-Aug-11 14:04:37

lol stripey ! congrats on the bump/baby .

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 18-Aug-11 14:05:11

A nanny is very different to a babysitter - for one thing you pay a very different price.

Also how can you possibly do a full day's work at home whilst looking after a baby/toddler? You wouldn't take a baby to the office.

The OP is paying for a sole charge nanny and that is not what she's getting. The nanny should have sorted out her own childcare be it holiday club or something.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 18-Aug-11 14:05:57

Oops wrong thread blush

droves Thu 18-Aug-11 14:46:55

grin ..... unless its a km wearing nanny ? lol

meltedchocolate Thu 18-Aug-11 14:54:58

I thought C was an average cup. Also Next's sizes are HUUUGE!! They put me at an 6 - 8 and I know I am not really/normally. I am a 10 maybe an 8.

droves Thu 18-Aug-11 15:56:52

Next sizes are huge , <also 6 in next> .... its like both ends of the sizing scale ...mabey it would look like this ->

Km----topshop----new look---- river island - next .

feel free to add your fav shops in the "scale"

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now