Talk

Advanced search

Bag challenge - lovely leather bag please

(25 Posts)
monkeysmama Sun 14-Aug-11 21:39:27

I want to buy a lovely leather bag for my mum for her birthday. It has to be leather.

I bought her one from La Redoute last year that broke after a few weeks so I want something proper/sturdy this time.

She teaches pt so needs to carry a lot of stuff some days but enjoy the bag on non work days too.

I can pay c£100.

TIA

tethersend Sun 14-Aug-11 21:42:28

I am a teacher too and am getting this one from zara. It's large, very thick leather, and has a shoulder strap which is just the right length for it to sit under your arm.

madammecholet Sun 14-Aug-11 21:43:57

thats Gorgeous tethers, i've heard its a bit heavy tho, have you tried it in store??

tethersend Sun 14-Aug-11 21:47:23

Yes, saw it in store and fell in love with it, have been after one like that for years... It is very sturdy leather, but that's what I'm after as I need it to be hard wearing. It didn't feel particularly heavy... It bloody will be by the time I've put all my crap in it though grin

madammecholet Sun 14-Aug-11 21:48:28

ha ha! am tempted <not that I need it, but when did need EVER come into it> will trot off this week and have a snaffle at it instore...

TapselteerieO Sun 14-Aug-11 21:53:53

Tethers oe is lovely, I need to forget it exists!

TapselteerieO Sun 14-Aug-11 21:54:22

one not oe

monkeysmama Mon 15-Aug-11 11:24:50

I started a different thread about it last week to ask how heavy it is. smile

tethersend Mon 15-Aug-11 16:18:27

Didn't see that one! I just ordered mine. They are selling them on eBay for £150 yet they are still in stock on the Zara website for £79 confused

Flickstar Tue 16-Aug-11 09:27:41

Clarks has some lovely bags. I have just ordered the Temple Touch. Sorry, I can't link as I'm on my phone but it's really lovely!

TapselteerieO Tue 16-Aug-11 09:27:46

It looks lovely tethers, I cannot justify buying it, I am not a teacher, I don't need a bag, I must stop looking at this thread and the bag.

tethersend Tue 16-Aug-11 10:16:09

It haunted me for weeks, Tapsel. I will report on it when it arrives and you will end up succumbing .

netbook Tue 16-Aug-11 10:25:39

That is a lovely bag, and a good price for leather. No shoulder strap though sad

tethersend Tue 16-Aug-11 10:28:04

Yes, there is a shoulder strap- it's just not shown on the photo, bizarrely. It's just the right length, too.

<BTW, how was that bag you bought ages ago, netbook?>

netbook Tue 16-Aug-11 10:40:21

ears la la la la la
do NOT tell me it has a bloody shoulder strap!

I'm in Leicester tomorrow, might have to have a nosey in Zara. It's made of really thick lovely leather isn't it, the sort that will only ever look beautiful. What was the black like?

The bag is still gorgeous! Get lots of compliments. One of the studs fell out fairly quickly but I forgave it as it's lovely leather. Thanks for the nod!

tethersend Tue 16-Aug-11 10:48:04

Didn't see the black one, just the tan. It reminded me of a riding bag <technical term> as the leather was so thick and sturdy. It was lovely.

That's good about the other bag. I was quite worried at one point!

PlumSykes Tue 16-Aug-11 11:46:19

I like the look of this one, but did you have something more structured in mind?

PlumSykes Tue 16-Aug-11 11:48:31

this one looks good too, and there's a code about somewhere for 25% off.

chickenlickin Tue 16-Aug-11 13:21:00

I am loving the Zara bag. I also have a job where i need to carry a lot of crap! I saw this one from clarks and thought was quite nice. Any zara or clarks codes around????!!this one

onelily Tue 16-Aug-11 13:21:45

If u need a bag to gift to ur mom, and wants it to be with her forver and at such price, go with Radley's. just bought something alike for my mother-in-law's birthday
and turned out to be much less than the MRP thru my savings site.

PlumSykes Tue 16-Aug-11 13:50:58

How about this?. Is lovely soft leather, and roomy.

monkeysmama Thu 18-Aug-11 07:54:04

Thanks for all the posts. Am ordering banana republic one and Zara bag and will decide.

My mum isn't really a Radley kind of woman but thanks for the suggestion!

NorksAreMessy Thu 18-Aug-11 07:56:58

Have a go at MONICA BOXLEY, her Marianne bags are absolutely brilliant, hold loads, are a bit unusual and I love them so much I have five smile

onelily Thu 18-Aug-11 10:47:53

No problem. Btw is that bag on sale? i wanted something like that too, jst want it to fit in my budget after the cashback.

NewChoos Sat 20-Aug-11 15:10:03

I had a look at the Zara bag yesterday and it's lovely. Sadly, I can't think of a reason why I would need it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now