Talk

Advanced search

What shops or websites for nice, not over expensive, clothes for nearly 40 year d

(7 Posts)
SleepyFergus Sun 14-Aug-11 17:30:43

That should say 40 year old......

Anyway....

Looking for advice on shops or websites that have a nice range of mid range price clothing. I've not long discovered Boden, but realise that it's very obvious at 100 paces, but I like the 'idea' of their pieces.

I tend to live in Gap bits and pieces, so like casual, but wish it could look a bit more edgy but effortless at the same time. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut after having DD, turning 40 next year so need some inspiration. I'm a size 12, 5ft 6, reasonable figure (bit of a flabby tummy)

I've just spent the weekend with friends and there is one mum who just has a knack of looking amazing in anything and there is a limit to asking where she got that top/cardi/jeans/shoes from.....I've seen me sneaking into their room before when we've been away together to look at where she buys stuff! Is usually stuff I've never heard of...!

ANY advice most welcomed.....

LuckyMrsT Sun 14-Aug-11 18:16:11

My advice is don't try to 'dress your age'. You are 39 with a nice figure. There is nothing to say you can't shop in Topshop if you want to. You won't be wanting the printed playsuits etc., but they do great jeans, shoes, basic vests/tops, knitwear and so on.

Zara also do some great stuff, you should definitely have a good look at them. Bertie, Pied a Terre and Kurt Geiger do nice shoes.

Ebay...

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 14-Aug-11 18:18:36

Reiss, Whistles, Jigsaw, Zara, Topshop, River Island, Warehouse, French Connection, H&M and look on my-wardrobe.com.

MissBeehiving Sun 14-Aug-11 18:20:34

Mint Velvet
Reiss
Zara
Gap
Whistles
Jigsaw
Hush

Gillybobs Sun 14-Aug-11 18:32:06

Definitely Mint Velvet, they have good style guides and Zara, couldnt live without them.

SleepyFergus Sun 14-Aug-11 22:09:42

Thanks all, esp Gillybobs, loving Mint Velvet!!

Gillybobs Sun 14-Aug-11 22:16:27

SHE magazine seem to do a Mint Velvet discount code a couple of times a year, usually 25% off so its a HUGE help. I love their stuff, its very wearable and for me it fills that gap between Top Shop and Wallis perfectly IYSWIM grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now