Talk

Advanced search

Tracksuit alternative ... please help!

(9 Posts)
cathkidstonbag Sun 14-Aug-11 10:42:18

I start college in 3 weeks time. As if I'm not freaked out enough by the thought of studying for the first time in 20 years I also find out that expected attire (it's a practical not academic course) is "tracksuit".
I don't do tracksuits!!! Bad enough I'll probably be 15 years older than most of the class but I don't want to look like sad frumpy tracksuit mum!
Alternatives please ... I need to be able to move around so nothing constricting. Was thinking maybe top and leggings but I feel too old for that too.
in fact somebody come and give me an image restyle all ready for September ... I'm 5'5", size 6 (prob 4 on top) but wobbly not toned! I spend my life in jeans usually.

ChippyMinton Sun 14-Aug-11 10:48:08

Plenty of nice sportswear around.
How about yoga pants (and non-VPL knickers!)
And a zip-up hoody.

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 14-Aug-11 10:48:42

Yoga pants and sweatshirt? I've gotten a few of these from TK Maxx, they are not so unflattering - bootcut rather than gathered at the bottom. I got a couple of sweatshirts there too, they are a neater cut and more fitted

chimchar Sun 14-Aug-11 10:51:57

same thoughts here as minty...

nice long, wide legged yoga pants, with a fittedish hoodie, converse and a denim jacket on top.

tk maxx is great for nice yogaish stuff and sports direct had some last time i was there.

what course are you doing? [nosy]grin

chimchar Sun 14-Aug-11 10:54:00

xposted iatemy...

jeez justcallme...at a size 6, you'll look lovely in long yoga pants and a teeny tiny skinny hoody. envywink

cathkidstonbag Sun 14-Aug-11 10:57:34

I do have yoga pants that I wear for rumba but am always conscious of how wobbly my bum is in them! Never thought of TKMaxx - will try there.
It's like starting school all over again ... eeeeek!!!
Do I go for dark converse or bright ones? Don't want to look like I'm trying to look college teen ;)
Sports massage is the course ... am v excited. 14 years of looking after small people and I'm going back in the real world!!!

cathkidstonbag Sun 14-Aug-11 10:58:06

Zumba not rumba LOL!!!

chimchar Sun 14-Aug-11 11:10:14

course sounds fab.

i don't actually like converse on me...not comfy enough. i like prison issue vans. (always loads on ebay) but like converse, they have all different colours and patterns. i would go for a safe colour...navy/grey/black/white...but what do i know??!

tk maxx always seem to have converse there...oooh. i feel a shopping trip coming on for you!

cathkidstonbag Mon 15-Aug-11 15:13:10

Right I've got my yoga pants - managed to find a great fitting pair. Navy ones. And have bought some navy converse too. But can't find long top anywhere :S

I have a light denim jacket 3/4 sleeved from Warehouse to wear over top so ideally it needs to be short sleeved.

And bag? What says not trying too hard to be young but isn't frumpy either?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now