Talk

Advanced search

Tilly, Dexter - you're in the daily mail

(55 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Sun 14-Aug-11 06:46:12

here I read the artickle thinking gosh that sounds just like a thread I read on here recently and lo and behold . . .

dexter73 Sun 14-Aug-11 07:11:18

shock

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 14-Aug-11 07:17:07

Rather lazy isn't it? Surely she should have mentioned she was a journalist writing an article . . .

KristinaM Sun 14-Aug-11 07:22:58

Hope you guys get paidhmm

I thought journalists had to pay to use mumsnet for their articles?

jenniferturkington Sun 14-Aug-11 07:24:17

That's shocking shock. Did she state she was a journo on the thread?

NewChoos Sun 14-Aug-11 07:44:57

Reinforces my dislike of the daily bile.

Bloody hell, I read that thread, cheeky mare.

What was her name? I can't seem to find the thread now.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 14-Aug-11 07:48:35

No mention that she was a journalist on the thread

ameliagrey Sun 14-Aug-11 08:06:07

My understanding is she is breaking the law. Anything on mumsnet is copyrighted and belongs to MN- it can't be used unless permission is given.

i am going to report to MN as I am a writer and would not do this.

You can't just lift posts and use them features.

The feature is also rather fatuous- anyone knows that leather soles let in water- or they should do.

i wonder if the shoes pictured are really hers- have you seen the size on the soles- it ssays either 35 1/2 or 36 1/2. A 35 is a size 2. She looks too tall to wear size 2-3. have these shoes been "doctored" for the feature?

Poshbaggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 08:15:49

REPORT!! Thats outrageous!

BulletWithAName Sun 14-Aug-11 08:25:47

As soon as I saw that article, I thought of that thread! That's a pisstake!

Poshbaggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 08:27:14

Wait a min. (now read the article) She did say it was Mumsnet 'friends'

Whats ridiculous is that anyone would pay that amount on some poxy shoes. Suckers! These shoes are Car to Bar to Bed Shoes.

happymole Sun 14-Aug-11 08:30:00

This is why we get suspicious of new posters. Cheeky bloody cow angry

MissBeehiving Sun 14-Aug-11 08:33:09

shock

ameliagrey Sun 14-Aug-11 08:35:47

I have reported it- hope more will do the same.

I still query if thsoe shoes in the pic are hers- they ae a size 2.5 - English sizes.

JH is on Twitter BTW if you want to send her a personal message.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 14-Aug-11 08:40:47

I alerted mn to it as well.

I just think its a bit rubbish to omit to mention you're a journalist canvassing info for a piece you are writing.

They were horrid shoes anyway - looked like something from Barratts wink

MarshaBrady Sun 14-Aug-11 08:45:49

Well spotted! Lazy journo.

gregssausageroll Sun 14-Aug-11 08:58:31

cheeky mare. unless of course she is a friend of the actual posters.

dexter73 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:00:27

Ha! She is no friend of mine!

ameliagrey Sun 14-Aug-11 09:22:45

it is JUST possible that she ran it by MNHQ before she wrote it- but I'd like to know if she did.

spout Sun 14-Aug-11 09:25:25

love that she got a model to conduct the experiment - as if a mere mortal would have struggled with the scientific intricacies of the project grin

sansucre Sun 14-Aug-11 09:30:06

Am not defending Jimmy Choo shoes in any way here but the finish on the shoes (and on other high end shoes) is very different to mid-priced shoes. They have a softer, more suedey sole which isn't suitable for outdoor wear and besides, if one looks at the heritage of Jimmy Choo, or rather how Tamara Mellon grew the company, they were sold to be worn to award ceremonies and evening functions..
(Louboutin gets round this problem by heavily varnishing the shoes of his shoes, and as his often have a rather large platform, will have a more durable finish anyway)

It's actually quite common to suggest having them rubber soled asap as it will also give the shoe much more of a grip. (I used to work for Pied a Terre back in the 90s and would suggest this even then to anyone who bought evening shoes..) The shop should offer to get this done for you and if you live in London, recommend you take them to Classic Shoe repairs in Brecknock Rd NW1 as they're the cobblers all the luxury shoe stores in London use anyway.

As for the article, the shoes could very well be hers, the photograph used for the piece is of a model, as it clearly states!

JH's approach just isn't cricket, that's for certain.

SuePurblybilt Sun 14-Aug-11 09:45:57

That's so lazy grin. I keep seeing threads that I don't want to call troll on but that start 'what did you all think of this tv show/very minor news story' and wondering if it is Matthew Wright. In the last couple of weeks I've decided it is also BBC and Daily Hate Mail researchers instead grin.

FoofFighters Sun 14-Aug-11 09:47:20

What a cheek! shock Is that how investigative journalism is done now? I could do that grin

Pin0t Sun 14-Aug-11 10:02:24

She is a bad, bad girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now