Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which colour coat?

(10 Posts)
pink4ever Sat 13-Aug-11 19:05:55

I have fallen in love with a coat on Monsoon website. Sorry cant do links but if some nice person would care to take a look its the Lyndsey velvet coat.
It comes in 3 colours-black,grey and berry. I love the berry but dont think it would suit my colouring-blonde and pale?. Think the black may be a touch goth looking? so my best bet might be the grey?
Please dont tell me its horrible<I wont care> or that its impractical<I already know>
Thanks.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 13-Aug-11 19:12:31

If it helps any, I am looking at grey in a "goes with everything" kind of way of late.

Casmama Sat 13-Aug-11 19:15:36

I agree with you - definitely the grey. I actually think the black and the berry look quite dated but the grey doesnt for some reason. Hope you enjoy wearing it.

pink4ever Sat 13-Aug-11 19:18:10

Thanks for the fast replies. Ok grey it is-I love autumn/winter clothes-rich fabrics which hide a multitude of sins<sings la la la la in her deluded land>

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 13-Aug-11 19:21:43

www.monsoon.co.uk/grey-lindsey-velvet-coat/invt/99347000/And BTW you CAN do links, tis EASY. wink

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 13-Aug-11 19:22:17

Ok I found it, I dont think the berry is a blonde colour, I think it might drain you.

If it was a bright red then yes because you could do red lips and look fab. But it's a brunette colour IMHO.

Black can be a bit draining, I have a grey tweed coat from karen millen that always gets admired and it goes with everything. Grey can look very classy too. You could wear it with silver/white gold jewellery.

Could it be scotch gaurded?

Yama Sat 13-Aug-11 19:25:49

Lovely coat. Go for the grey as it's a nice dark grey.

FoundWanting Sat 13-Aug-11 19:51:55

Lovely coat, definitely go for the grey.

It is very similar to one they did 15 years ago in a dark green. (One sister had it for another sister's wedding.) It lasted years - may even still be going except she has changed shape rather a lot in the last decade and a half.

pointydog Sat 13-Aug-11 20:08:44

I love grey. So versatile and flattering, I find.

MissBeehiving Sat 13-Aug-11 21:13:18

The grey, forshure. Suits blondes too. smile

Ooh, are you back from maternity leave Olivia ? If so, nice to have you back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now