Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At what age is one too old to wear skinny jeans and/or leggings?

(7 Posts)
Millie1 Sat 13-Aug-11 14:54:02

Infact, are they even on the radar this autumn/winter? Am I pushing my luck at 43/44 blush? I love the combination of long boots with skinnies or leggings and a tunic for winter.

vonnyh Sat 13-Aug-11 15:03:03

I think it's more about what shape you are, rather than how old you are.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sat 13-Aug-11 15:03:13

I'm 44/45 and look well hot in either. wink

I think they look good with a tunic, bum-covering cardigan or jumper and boots.

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 13-Aug-11 15:04:44

I think they are fine at any age as long as your slim and your bottom is covered

MerylStrop Sat 13-Aug-11 15:10:51

It's not going to be fashionable, but I think leggings and tunics have become a casual staple now.
Nothing to do with age and so long as the leggings are decent and not shiny or see through, and so long as your arse is well covered, I think most people look ok. Best to try to define a waist though, and avoid empire lines IMO.

Millie1 Sat 13-Aug-11 15:11:14

Oh good! I think I'm okay then at 5'7" and a size 10 though my tummy needs some work!! Can get on with planning what additions I need to my winter wardrobe now!

Balconygarden Sat 13-Aug-11 15:16:13

Any age - just do it differently from the young 'un's! So, for example, I would wear leggings with a tunic top rather than a baby doll dress or a mini skirt. I would also go for a better quality, thicker fabric in leggings. DH's very sylish 62 year old aunt was wearing leggings and skinny jeans last winter with long cardigans, flat leather boots, and a silk scarf. I'm 43, and also lived in them during the colder months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now