Talk

Advanced search

Anyone - internet shopping challenge? I need flattering tops/tees for a post pregnancy tummy - and they need to be able to post to Australia...

(6 Posts)
Astrophe Sat 13-Aug-11 14:43:39

...or they could actually be in Australia (although with strong dollar, I suspect it will be cheaper to ship from the USA or UK - I also have a US address if need be).

I gave birth 2 weeks ago, and really have nothing but clingy maternity tops. I didn't mind wearing a tight top and showing off my bump, but I'm less keen to show off my tummy, esp with quite a bad ab seperation which is going to take time to get sorted sad.

I'm after some casual tops/shirts/tees to wear with jeans/denim skirts etc. Its summer here...I really don't know whats going to be flattering. Bought 2 tops today but tried them on again at home and realised I look enormous in them (they are quite baggy). I'm a size 14-16 - def a 16 at the mo, with massive norks, especially with breastfeeding. Am also quite tall - 5'9'' - so I like long tops that cover my tummy .

Huge thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas of what styles would work, or indeed links to actual tops I might buy.

gregssausageroll Sat 13-Aug-11 14:48:57

I am possibly being dim but are you in Oz? You say it is summer here but that wouldn't Oz. I am confused where you are.

Astrophe Sat 13-Aug-11 14:51:59

oh, geez I am dim, not you! I am in Australia, and its NOT summer here, but going into summer (well, end of winter)! So I'm after some summer tops - short sleeve or possibly 3/4 sleeves or light fabrics. blush

gregssausageroll Sat 13-Aug-11 14:56:37

Ok! With you now. You could try M&S or Next as they both deliver quite quickly and reasonably. The sales are on their last legs now so you may have missed the boat. Target etc are usually quite quick with their stock for the new season so may be wait a couple of weeks if you can and see what comes in.

Astrophe Sat 13-Aug-11 14:58:42

target usa? (there is a target here too...which is where i got the unflattering tops today!)

But what should I get? I am style clueless, find trawling shops depressing and stressful....need heeeelp!

Astrophe Sat 13-Aug-11 15:03:59

I think I want something sort of likethis - but not as flowy. Fittet across the bust though, and then lose over the tummy. Or would that look like a maternity top?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now